THE DANDY - WHERE'S BLINKY'S SQUIRT GUM?

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

I buy my two sons The Beano and The Dandy each week (I'll buy them whatever 'proper' weekly comic is published!). My youngest was looking forward to getting a free 'Blinky's Squirt Gum' free gift this week (basically, a water squirter in the shape of a chewing-gum packet) but instead that was replaced with a packet of sweets. There was also a note from Dermot (Morris Heggie in disguise ;) ) saying that we can still get the free gift if we write in to them....!!!

What on Earth is that all about ? Some sort of Health & Safety issue or ....?

Any ideas anyone...

Originally posted by Spence on the old forum on 24/2/2006

Old Forum Fella

Mine had the gum - I suspect that whichever distribution centre attached the gift must have run out.

Originally posted by AndyB on the old forum on 24/2/2006

Old Forum Fella

My shop had the issue advertised, with the squirt gum. I bought it this morning.Can't see any note like you describe.

Originally posted by Bill on the old forum on 24/2/2006

Old Forum Fella

Mine had the gum-how the hell do you get the water into it?

Originally posted by Shiner on the old forum on 24/2/2006

Old Forum Fella

Take the gift out of it's pack (after carefully removing it from the cover of your DANDY). Shake the black plastic water container out of the cardboard "gum" packet. Holding it in your hand, squeeze the container between thumb and forefinger. Immerse it completely into water whilst keeping it squeezed. Slowly release your grip to allow water to be sucked into the container. Still holding the gum, take it out of the water. Dab it dry and return it into the sleeve of the "gum packet". Point and squirt. Repeat process once gift has expunged the last squirt. Do not aim at eyes or up nostril (as irresponsibly demonstrated on cover).

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 24/2/2006