Xtreme: the inevitable second issue thread

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

readee

Post by readee »

Thoughts people?

I felt the design of the features pages was up on the first issue. There's a lot more advertising this time round - including the four page Cartoon Network strip that I think may also be in this week's Beano (and definitely in Beano Max). This means that four pages are taken from the comic section (so no Captain Hookless or Ollie Fliptrick this time round).

<spoilers>

Lots of fart content this issue, including Cuddles & Dimples. In this issue's "Xtreme Wacked!", the Wack Squad manage to squeeze in three "classic" practical jokes into just two pages! Dan struggles to pick up a coin that's been attached to the floor with blu-tack (actually, you need super glue for this one to work properly) and gets a sign stuck on his back saying "I ate a turd". Hmmm...maybe they're getting him confused with that lad from the last issue...

</spoilers>

I was disappointed that the free stickers didn't smell of poo. I expected them to be scratch and sniff.

The next issue has a free Swizzels-Matlow chew bar with it. Yay!

Best,
Chris

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

I'm not buying the Dandy Extreem anymore......unless its a special...70 years one....

I enjoy the Beano...Beanomax and Classics..
Beanomax looks good giving away a horrible histories book next time...nice to see different themes each month not just gross stuff.....wish the Dandy extreem could be more Beanomax...the celebrities and topical jokes was fresh and fun...also quite a hard wordsearch to do...not dumbing down in the articles either..