Why? Why? WHY!!!???

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

chrissmillie

Re: Why? Why? WHY!!!???

Post by chrissmillie »

Sidnny wrote:Now I know that there are many burning issues e.g.

Why is Gordon Brown still in power ? - (Please no political discussions).
By the way, I think it's wrong make a political point, then ask no-one else to make any more. How about someone says something overtly racist then says 'please, no political correctness'. Don't want a discussion, then don't start one.
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics

Brendan McGuire

Post by Brendan McGuire »

Gordon Brown is still in power because his term of office hasn't finished yet. When the forthcoming General Election is over, his circumstances may have changed.

SID

Post by SID »

chrissmillie wrote:
Sidnny wrote:Now I know that there are many burning issues e.g.

Why is Gordon Brown still in power ? - (Please no political discussions).
By the way, I think it's wrong make a political point, then ask no-one else to make any more. How about someone says something overtly racist then says 'please, no political correctness'. Don't want a discussion, then don't start one.
That's because I didn't make one. It was tongue-in-cheek. The only question I was really asking was why the Dandy Annual was just called that and not Dandy Xtreme (but even that was light hearted :D).
Brendan McGuire wrote:Gordon Brown is still in power because his term of office hasn't finished yet. When the forthcoming General Election is over, his circumstances may have changed.
And hence why it wasn't a serious question as it is pretty obvious.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Brendan McGuire

Post by Brendan McGuire »

I was trying to be as bland as I possibly could with that answer. What I should have said was: "How can he still be in power when he hasn't enabled the means of production to be put into the workers' hands?"
Or something. :)

SID

Post by SID »

Brendan McGuire wrote:I was trying to be as bland as I possibly could with that answer. What I should have said was: "How can he still be in power when he hasn't enabled the means of production to be put into the workers' hands?"
Or something. :)
:D
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).