Dave Windett

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Dave Windett

Post by Digifiend »

Been looking at Korky artist Dave Windett's website. As well as Korky, he mentions two other strips. Ninja Nine he says is due to appear in the Dandy (no mention of Xtreme) "shortly". Well it was in the annual anyway - four times. It also states that Korky was due to appear in the 2009 annual (which it did), so the website seems to have not been updated since last summer.

The most interesting bit though is about The Roaches. Apparently this strip was meant for... The Wizard! What, when Dandy Xtreme is (sadly) the least popular comic around? My guess is Thomson abandoned that idea. Most likely they decided to launch BeanoMax instead.
http://www.davewindett.com/thomson.html

Funny what you can stumble on with a random web search!

BeanoKev70

Re: Dave Windett

Post by BeanoKev70 »

This was some years back, I spoke with Thompsons at the time & they were indead going to relaunch The Wizard & even made draft copies. It was ditched in the end & we ended up with the first Dandy relaunch.

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

I remember this 'Wizard Relaunch' rumour. Really wish it had / will happen someday.

Would be absolutely great to see the dummy issue wouldn't it? See whether us mortals think it would have worked or not.

Any chance of a sneaky look DCT chums? :xfingers:

RC and GT

Post by RC and GT »

I was involved in that project. I worked on it with Craig Graham (Dandy Xtreme editor).
It was great fun. I will try and get permission to post some unseen artwork for you guys to have a look at.

GT from RC and GT.

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Thanks a lot Gordon, would be good to know what ideas they were looking at.