Thomsons Marketing a Disapointment

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

BeanoKev70

Thomsons Marketing a Disapointment

Post by BeanoKev70 »

Thomsons have really let themselves down with marketing for the new Dandy. Everyone who has worked on it has done an amazing job from Editor to artists and have created a fresh new comic. But if you go to Thomsons main site not a mention they are still advertising Dandy Xtreme this is disgraceful, someone in Dundee needs a size 10 planted somewhere. Also still no advertising in The Beano....this should be the first call. Come on Thomsons sort it out...... :x

ISPYSHHHGUY

Re: Thomsons Marketing a Disapointment

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

I 'sent the boys round' to Beano HQ, Kev; rest assured there will be no more slip-ups, after a few strategically-placed 'persuasions'.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Major fail, DCT. They updated the subscriptions site, why was the main DCT site not updated at the same time? And I agree, The Beano should've advertised the Dandy of three weeks ago (the first revamped issue) at least. I bet they won't advertise any at all until it has a free gift, which won't be a common sight in future.

BeanoKev70

Post by BeanoKev70 »

Lets hope it does get sorted as its unfair on the people who have produced this great reimaging of our old girl.....

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

BeanoKev70 wrote:Lets hope it does get sorted as its unfair on the people who have produced this great reimaging of our old girl.....
Does anyone know if the other DC Thomson publications have advertised The Dandy?

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Lew Stringer wrote:
BeanoKev70 wrote:Lets hope it does get sorted as its unfair on the people who have produced this great reimaging of our old girl.....
Does anyone know if the other DC Thomson publications have advertised The Dandy?
Yes this was in Beezer. :wink:

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

LOL! I asked for that didn't I? :lol:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Should've said "Does anyone know if the other DC Thomson publications have advertised The Dandy in the last month"! :lol:

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

There has been nothing in the Weekly News. But they did have had those large card displays in my local Tesco on the newspaper stand so someone is doing something right.
Couldn't they have some posters on the side of buses? Cheaper than tv ads I presume.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Martin McColls were advertising The Dandy on their advertising monitors at the checkouts. Supernews had a poster in their window display.

I find it very odd that the Weekly News hadn't advertised The Dandy either.