Bogies spreading

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Bogies spreading

Post by Digifiend »

I was looking up references for Wikipedia, and found this page: http://www.ignitionlicensing.com/?page_id=1655

It appears that The Bogies now also appear in Turbo Extreme.

Tin Can Tommy

Re: Bogies spreading

Post by Tin Can Tommy »

What other comics have they appeared in?

I know they appeared in Dandy and Toxic and K-Zone (according to your link) and now Turbo Extreme but what else?

comicsgalore

Post by comicsgalore »

It's in It's Cosmic too, apparently.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Which I've never heard of. And K-Zone isn't a British title, it's Australian, so they're probably using Toxic or Dandy reprints.

I specifically mentioned Turbo Extreme because that must be a recent development - the comic is less than a year old.

Tin Can Tommy

Post by Tin Can Tommy »

They did sell K-Zone in this country a few years ago though. I can remember my little brother having a copy it was a lot like Toxic and it had some comic strips mostly licensed stuff eg a Rugrats strip but there was some original stuff and it was in an odd sized format. I havn't seen it for a while now so they've probably stopped selling it in this country.

Nigel Auchterlounie

Post by Nigel Auchterlounie »

We (Oddco) do the odd extra Bogie strip for Signature Publishing.

It's usually one a year. A Christmas strip mostly.
I think I might of done a Halloween strip too once, but I could be wrong about that.

And we used to do stuff for K-Zone too. An Australian A5 magazine a bit like xtreme from Pacific magazines.
But nothing for them now for quite some time.

Hope that helps.