THE DANDY WHAT OLD CHARACTERS SHOULD COME BACK AND DROPPED?

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

I like to see Jack Silver updated and added....very zany
Bertie Buncle the chemical uncle was wonderful...I love the one where they made the most tasty substance ever and it landed on the grass and everyone started to eat the grass...(this may of been updated in Brain Dwane!!)
Mickey the mouth by the same artist was super..this artist was allowed red in his strip..so all the yelling was in red...(who was this artist!!)
I would get rid of
Cuddles and Dimples (its a bit repetive these days!)
Puss and Boots the same reason...the 70's Sparky version would be not impressed
Blinky...I don't like the drawing style...
Silly Moo..Animal Antics...Don't like the drawing also..
Winker Watson needs to have longer stories..like the 80's...like the masked person who caused trouble for months to Watson and Teacher...
Peter Gray (Save The Dandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Originally posted by Peter Gray on the old forum on 10/12/2003

Old Forum Fella

Peter, I agree on your list of ones to drop, I would also drop Beryl the peril how many times can she pull off her dads wig Yawn Yawn. I would Keep Bananaman,Ollie Fliptrik,owen goal,brain duane,Dan,korky & Jak & Spike. Bring back Bully Beef & Chips,Smasher,Jocks & the Georgies & Dinah Mo. Also look at a adventure strip in the style of the recent Billy the Cat.

Originally posted by Azteccomics on the old forum on 10/12/2003

Old Forum Fella

Yep can't disagree with you guys - def keep Brain Dwaine thats excellent - a great idea to update some old adventure type strips as well as I think this is probably the way forward now also new versions of comedy strips as you say such as Bully Beef and Chips - Brassneck - Spunky and his Spider (was that really the title?? - def new title but could be fun in a new style) - Dirty Dick (I'm saying nothing - but I loved this as a kid)Big Head and Thick Head - - Nick Kelly, General Jumbo, Flying Fish, Q Bikes, Banana Bunch, I Spy etc etc I know some of these are from other comics and may have been re done (I dont buy the Dandy a lot now) but new make overs would be good - I have to say I thought the new Winker Watson looked very classy.

Originally posted by PAUL MCSCOTTY on the old forum on 10/12/2003

Old Forum Fella

On a related subject .. the new artwork on Korky the Cat by Henry Davies is fantastic... very retro circa 60s / 70s Korky. Does anyone know the name of the artist that drew Korky in those years... his artwork was fantastic ...

Originally posted by Spence on the old forum on 11/12/2003

Old Forum Fella

Hi I think everyone should email The Dandy and tell them our ideas and concerns....or link them to this discussion forum!!! SAVE THE DANDY!! Peter Gray!!

Originally posted by Peter Gray on the old forum on 11/12/2003

Old Forum Fella

Please go to http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/Forum/ForumMain.asp
We are all concerned that the Dandy will not be revamped but be filled with reprints!! Please see our views at the discussion site!! I'm 28 years old... I only buy your comic when Tom Patterson and Steve Brights work are in it. I love clever...zany ideas!
Save The Dandy!!!
Peter Gray ------
The email is
dandy@dcthomson.co.uk
Get email now and change the future...Buster could have done with this discussion site!!!!!

Originally posted by Peter Gray (S.T.D) on the old forum on 11/12/2003

Old Forum Fella

Peter, I have sent my mail, The Dandy editor/office are not know to reply I've always found The Beano editor Euan Kerr always takes time to reply so if none of us get any replys I suggest we contact him & see if he can get some kind of official reply from the Dandy office.

Originally posted by Azteccomics on the old forum on 11/12/2003