It's all gone quiet...

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

intune

It's all gone quiet...

Post by intune »

It's all gone quiet in here.

Really enjoying the Dandy at the moment - great to see some classic characters back again for the final few weeks.

When I was younger I never laughed out loud at comics, but this is really funny. Such a shame it's to end.

Have we heard anything more about the final few issues or its online only future? Will any characters move to The Beano?

Digifiend

Re: It's all gone quiet...

Post by Digifiend »

No news, that's why it's been quiet here recently.

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

I expect the last few issues to be pretty much in the same vein as the issues we are getting now bar the final one.

As for The Dandy's online future or any characters moving to The Beano, I doubt we'll know much about this until the final print issue in December.

SID

Post by SID »

Obviously no news as yet about who (if any) are going to cross over to the Beano after the Dandy's print demise.

You know, I would be tempted to carry on reading the Beano if they did.

Actually, I am more interested in moving my Dandy Direct Debit subscription to Commando.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

It looks like Bananaman, who is already being marketed as a Beano character, will be the only one to switch over. All of the post-2010 characters have been dropped outright by the looks of things, and Desperate Dan is either changing artist or going into reprints in the digital Dandy.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

now beano has started doing the 3 panel mini strips they could at least devote one of those pages to dandy characters & do perhaps korky & dan & a few other established dandy characters or do 2 half page strips like the old dandys seemed to do.Or do a dandy pull out like sparky did in topper.

Tin Can Tommy

Post by Tin Can Tommy »

They should bring back the Retro Beano feature in The Beano but rename it Retro Comics and reprint stuff from The Beano, The Dandy and other DC Thomson Comics.

A guest star page where an old (possibly dandy) character gets his own single page comic strip is another idea.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

The early years of Classics From the Comics had short strips on the back with new stories of old characters. Some pretty obscure showed up, too. Anybody remember Stavros? :lol:

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy »

Stavros, the funny little Greek waiter - ha ha!
http://twoheadedthingies.blogspot.co.uk/ - My comics blog, mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s