Digital Dandy

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

AndyB
Throgmorton

Re: Digital Dandy

Post by AndyB »

The Dan story is the one from original Digital Dandy No.1. Numskulls isn't working at the moment.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Ack, I thought the whole point of the reboot was to fix these bugs!

-MikeD-

Post by -MikeD- »

I've experienced numerous bugs and crashes on my iPad. Early days, and I hope they're squashed quickly...
My new art blog...beta version... http://mikedcuk.blogspot.co.uk

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Hate to say this but having same issues with the iPhone app.

Personally, I understand that these things take a while to iron out, especially with so many platforms to prepare for... But my kids are losing interest...

Some of the strips / animations are quite long (which is fantastic - great value for money etc).. But when the app crashes when you are 75% through the story, there is no alternative but to start the story again from the beginning...

Please believe me, what with Digital Dandy v1 and now the new app problems, I could recount Brassneck's re-imagined origin ad verbatim the number of times I have read (or tried to read) it!

Come on Dandy, you can do it!!

PS: did I miss the ad/press campaign? Nothing in this week's Beano either...
Maybe I'm losing the plot but seems daft to me....

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Agreed. Some of the Dandy TV (back page) videos on Youtube have as little as TWO views! They're not getting a lot of readers, and you just hit the nail on the head as to why that is - bugs and failure to advertise.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Numskulls has been fixed :D

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

New issue #3 is up. And Spencer, you'll be pleased to see an advert in this week's Beano. :D

SID

Post by SID »

It is also being advertised in Commando.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

^Focused on Retro Active I see (not surprising, it's probably the only digital Dandy strip that would be of interest to the same audience), with excerpts from the original Captain Hornet, Billy the Cat and Katie, Codename Warlord, and Amazing Mr X strips in the background. Codename Warlord wouldn't actually be out of place in Commando, come to think of it, the story being set during the Second World War.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Issue 4 is out.

SID

Post by SID »

To be honest, Digi. I found it a bit strange to see the advert in Commando. The Beano I understand. Unless they feel that the reader's kid(s) would be interested???

I noticed that DCT has brought out a new magazine call Ruby Loves which I see are advertising quite strongly (I have seen the advert plastered on bins within shopping centres in Croydon and Bromley). So the marketing department can do it when they want to.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Like I said, Retro Active is the only strip likely to be of interest to Commando fans, due to it's connection to World War II set Codename Warlord, which is why the advert focuses on Retro Active, not showing anything else. Trouble is, this link isn't obvious in the half dozen issues. If only Classics from the Comics was still around. When it closed, it was running King Cobra, another of the Retro Active ancestors, and both Mr X and Billy the Cat and Katie had appeared previously. It would've been the ideal place for that advert.

Just Googled Ruby Loves. Strange title for an arts and crafts magazine (the title sounds more akin to a modern Bunty). They need to spell check the website. "Ruby Loves Magazine: The brand new craftw magazine for girls!" A simple error, which doesn't give a good first impression.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Issue 5 is online.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

And so is issue 6.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Nobody want to discuss it lately? Anyway, issue 7 is out!