Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Will The Dandy ever return? 

big bad bri wrote:
I can't believe its been over 5 years now since The Dandy ended,bring it back DCT.

Nearer six.

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

18 Jun 2018, 20:01
Profile YIM

Unfortunately, the annual is all we'll be having in terms of new material any time soon... though I can't help thinking that the digital Dandy was just too soon - the tech just wasn't ready for it. Probably would be now (it has been five years now since it failed), but it's too late, and the website no longer even exists. Some archive material does appear on beano.com though, including several Desperate Dan strips from different eras. They do the reprint summer special and still share the Classic Beano & Dandy book each year as well, but the annual is the only new material. That will likely be the status quo for years to come.

There is a positive though. The Beano today would probably be quite different if not for the new creators Craig Graham found in the last couple of years of the print Dandy's existence - in particular Nigel Auchterlounie. He moved some of them over to the Beano when he took over as editor.

30 Jun 2018, 15:39
Profile WWW

I have to agree.

I think that The Dandy's ship as a comic has sailed. It has been too long since its demise. I am just glad that DCT are keeping the annual and summer special going.

You could be right, Digifiend, that The Dandy's loss was Beano's gain. A bit like a merger but with talent rather than name or strips (apart from Bananaman).

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

07 Aug 2018, 15:13
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6