Who drew...

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

AndyB
Throgmorton

Who drew...

Post by AndyB »

The Jocks and the Geordies and Bully Beef and Chips?

(no marks for saying Bob Nixon for Bully Beef and Chips, I mean the original artist...)

Steve Bright

Who drew...

Post by Steve Bright »

J.C. Hughes was the man you're looking for, Andy. Though I can't tell you any more than that I'm afraid. I never met him and don't know anything about him. Perhaps some of the more 'mature' office-bearers at DCT Towers might be able to tell us more?

His style was very distinct, and not the most fun to ghost if I'm honest. However, I did have fun with one particular Jocks and Geordies I was asked to draw as a one-off special...and I gather it went down well at the Viz offices too. :twisted:
Wake up, smell the coffee, put on some toast...

http://www.stevebrightcartoons.co.uk

AndyB
Throgmorton

Who drew...

Post by AndyB »

The late JC Hughes, at a guess? His style was totally unique, and I think he also drew the episode of Big Head and Thick Head in the mini-1966 Dandy they gave away recently, just from the style.

I can imagine that it's nearly impossible to ghost him, which says so much about Bob Nixon.