My own genie.....I miss it

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Hope the new strip Jamie will be just as zany and fun.....

Little Squelchy Thing

Post by Little Squelchy Thing »

My Own Genie was brilliance.

Jamie's new strip 'Space Raoul' should be starting soon(ish), I gather.

I read that when it used to be in The Funday Times, and it was brilliant. You're in for another treat, I reckon!

Conor B

Post by Conor B »

Yay Space Raoul! Are they reprints or new?
Comic Genius Runner Up 2006

jamie

Post by jamie »

hey maybe i can answer that.

the space raouls appearing in the dandy will be all new work, i've finished 5 double page stories so far, and i think i have about 7 left to do. if i may just say, i don't think i've ever had as much fun as i'm having drawing these, although as usual i'm worrying i'm trying to fit too many words in the panels.

no start date yet, but as far as i know it should be starting in the next few months.

anyway if you want to see a couple of examples of space raoul, from his sunday times slot, they're up at http://www.jamievsworld.com

and thanks for the support! ^_^

jx

Conor B

Post by Conor B »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
Comic Genius Runner Up 2006

Gary Northfield

Post by Gary Northfield »

Have you totally stopped doing My Own Genie then???

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Looks good....I just got it..Space rules.....

Is it a top hatted alien..anyway I can't wait.....they should give you more pages of The Dandy.....or is The Beano knocking at your door....

the more words the better I say....

rossmac

Post by rossmac »

Hey Jamie,

Can I just say that MOG is probably best new addition to the Dandy I've seen in a long time! I love it, and what I've seen of SR on your website it looks fab too! Just a pity that the Dandy is rather expensive over here and not as freely available as it is in the UK!

Do you or have you ever been asked to do a picture or a story for the FRONT COVER??! Because that would be awesome... Your work really gives my old fave Dan a run for his money!

Ross
(Australia)

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

[img:1693:2316]http://uk.geocities.com/pjgcartoonists/jamie.jpg[/img] Its been on the cover once :D

rossmac

Post by rossmac »

Cool, thanks for that! I hadn't realised- ah the date is before I rediscovered my love for the Dandy! (and sadly it was when I was in the UK and could have picked that copy up!)

Ross

jamie

Post by jamie »

gary - hmm i dunno about Genie, i put it on hold to have a break, then i asked if i could do Raoul instead for a short while. i've nothing against doing more Genie, it was fun to do, but at the moment i'm enjoying Raoul...

peter - alien, no. he's more of a fox, crossed with a cat, crossed with i don't know what. i should really work out what the things i'm drawing are one day..:p
oh and incidentally, if i remember the Beano politely declined Genie around the time Dandy took it...so i think i'm home with the Dandy for the moment...

ross - hey thank you, very kind of you ^_^ yeah i asked to do the Genie cover, figured i'd try my luck and they said yes, which was a buzz. i've also done a Raoul cover for when his run begins...

jx