Hi From New Zealand

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

FiftiesAndSixtiesFan

Hi From New Zealand

Post by FiftiesAndSixtiesFan »

I've just stumbled upon this site during my web-wanderings. It promises to provide hours of amusement!

Though resident in NZ since the late 1970s, I was born and grew up in London and (as my nick implies) retain many fond memories of my childhood in the fifties and sixties. Including, of course, the comics of those days.

Courtesy of a brother and sister who were over ten years younger, I also saw quite lot of what was being published up to the mid-70s.

I seem to have a curiously retentive memory for facts and images, and hope to be able shed a bit of light here on one or two odd corners of comics history. (Not very many, though - we appear to have some pretty erudite folk on here already!) Apologies in advance, by the way, for coming so late to some of the topics. I'll only post there if I consider there's something worthwhile to be added.
:o Aaaaarrgh! It's 'Im!!

philcom55

Re: Hi From New Zealand

Post by philcom55 »

Hi FiftiesAndSixtiesFan. We already have several Antipodeans posting here so you should fit in quite easily. I like your 'AAaaaarrgh! It's 'Im!!' strapline by the way - though if you really are 'Im then I'm afraid the good ship Comics UK could have some very interesting times ahead! :)

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Hi From New Zealand

Post by colcool007 »

philcom55 wrote:Hi FiftiesAndSixtiesFan. We already have several Antipodeans posting here so you should fit in quite easily. I like your 'AAaaaarrgh! It's 'Im!!' strapline by the way - though if you really are 'Im then I'm afraid the good ship Comics UK could have some very interesting times ahead! :)
You just know what avatar FiftiesAndSixtiesFan should have! :lol: Welcome aboard shipper!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!