What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Adam Eterno

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by Adam Eterno »

koollectablz wrote:Picked up the full run of #1-#50 Wild West Weekly from 1938.

#1 looks rough but that does seem to show up every so often so fingers crossed to find a better copy. If anyone here has one that they're not particularly bothered about hanging onto send me a PM.
Sorry, I need mine as I bought the set last year and it's about to go off to the binders that you suggested!

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

Exactly my plan!

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

koollectablz wrote:Exactly my plan!
Hopefully a case of Great Minds....

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

latest viz and in last few weeks the walking dead graphic novels vols 1-28 and a few more judge dredd case files so 3 more needed to be up to date on those though doubt i will ever read them much like the majority of comics and graphic novels i purchase.Why do i do it :lol: :lol:

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

I've been busy buying again recently and the majority turned up on the doorstep this morning.

Outer Space #1 - Alan Class - 1961
Once Upon a Time #1 from 1968 to go with the one I already have from the 70s
The Twilight Zone Comic Album #1 - 1962
Space Man Comic Album #1 - 1963
One Eyed Jack and the Death of Valiant - Hibernia - Not a comic but a book about them
Adventure - A Victor Special 1987 - I'd never seen it before so I'll have a read and then move it on.
4 Annuals from a chap on a Facebook group - Thunder 1972, Jet 1973, Smash '70 and '74 - a tenner all in inc postage and all in great condition.
Western Killers - A Streamline Bumper Comic - 1950 - One shot by the looks of it and not even on the GCD

I've also picked up some Captain Britains, a Valiant Summer Special (1979) and a few other bits that are purely an improvement on my current versions in my collection so the old copy will be back on Ebay shortly

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Can you check to see if your Twilight Zone album has some pages printed out of order near the front? Around page twenty. Mine has.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:Can you check to see if your Twilight Zone album has some pages printed out of order near the front? Around page twenty. Mine has.
No problems. I'm out now but I'll try and check in the morning before I head to London. If not, Friday.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:Can you check to see if your Twilight Zone album has some pages printed out of order near the front? Around page twenty. Mine has.
Mine seems to be fine

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

speaking out of misprint does any one else graphic novel of the walking dead volume 2 have the last 10 or more pages in it twice.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

The two new compilation volumes of stories about Adventure's detective Dixon Hawke and his assistant, Tommy Burke, arrived this morning from D.C. Thomsons. They are lovely chunky productions, the lettering on the covers quite suggestive, it seems to me, of the Art Deco period during which Hawke was pretty busy solving crimes. I will have to find some leisure time soon in order to immerse myself again in the seamy side of life in London and elsewhere.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Marvel's Thundercats #1 with free prismatic badge from 1987! I loved the cartoon.

starscape

Post by starscape »

Bought a load of Wizards and a few Tigers from a charity shop in Edinburgh. 3 for £1. There was a good load of Marvel UK too but at either 50p or £1 each, it just wasn't a good enough deal. Condition distinctly average (i.e. VG or less).

Mostly American apart from that.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Another Comic book - Victorian Comics by Denis Gifford

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Just bought these as BiNs on Ebay and really happy as I've been after the Nature Boy comic for a while:

Nature Boy #1 - L Miller 1956
Samson #1 - L Miller 1955
Attachments
NB.jpg
samson.jpg

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Picked up a vhs tape today from a charity shop for 25p. It has nearly three hours of sixties Yogi Bear cartoons. I have a vhs to dvd player so can transfer it to disc. I love Hannah-Barbera.