Striker

Discuss any comic strip that has appeared in a newspaper over the years. Andy Capp, Rupert, Hagar, Fudge etc

Moderator: AndyB

big bad bri

Re: Striker

Post by big bad bri »

thanks for the link Al i done the £30 sub.i hope the comic does come back for a volume 2 and it can give hope to someone like rebellion whom can hopefully bring out volume 2 of an old comic like buster or scream

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Al wrote:The Striker comic has now become a Kickstarter project.

Click this link https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... ?ref=email to find out more and to pledge your support.

There are a few options on offer, starting from £3 for some Striker taster strips, through to the £30 pledge that will get you the first 12 comics in print and digital format, a PDF comic strip catch-up of Striker (I'll need this), plus other goodies. The £99 offer seems like pretty good value for money to those who can afford it and who want printed copies of the first four Striker books plus the first 12 comics in digital format.

I've gone for the £30 pledge, but there are 12 options available. You will only get charged if this project is successfully funded. This means it has to reach its £35,000 goal by the 12th May 2018.

Get the word out there. I really enjoyed the original comic and think it'll be nice to see this title revived,

Al
In the meantime, Striker has been appearing in The Sun, and at Planet Striker. The website only has the past seven days up, but older episodes dating back to last September are on the Striker World forum here: http://strikerworld.co.uk/topic/30350872/1/

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

Just 5 more days to go for the £35,000 target to be reached. Currently standing at £28,043.

It's seen a late surge over the past few days. C'mon, let's push it over the target.

Here's that link again.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... ?ref=email

Al

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

They've done it! :D

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

Brilliant, That's excellent news.

Let's hope Pete Nash and Co. keep it going for a long, long time. Who knows, it might become a weekly again.

Really pleased.

Al

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Al wrote:Brilliant, That's excellent news.

Let's hope Pete Nash and Co. keep it going for a long, long time. Who knows, it might become a weekly again.

Really pleased.

Al
well we are now guaranteed at least 12 weekly issues i wonder if it will start at volume 2 or continue old numbering 88.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Just heard that Pete Nash is on the sport's bar on talksport shortly. Show has just started.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Striker's cancelled again.