Click & Collect sales

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Hawkeye

Click & Collect sales

Post by Hawkeye »

I'd never really thought about it before, but just found out the hard way about the Click & Collect thing.

You sell one of your comics on ebay and the buyer chooses C&C. The buyer gets an email when the item is ready to collect at Argos or wherever. They don't bother collecting it, Argos returns it to you, ebay just takes the cash for the item and the postage out of your account and fully refunds the buyer.

I'll be opting out of C&C from now on.

Adam Eterno

Re: Click & Collect sales

Post by Adam Eterno »

You're not having a good time on Ebay recently!

SID

Post by SID »

Hawkeye wrote:I'd never really thought about it before, but just found out the hard way about the Click & Collect thing.

You sell one of your comics on ebay and the buyer chooses C&C. The buyer gets an email when the item is ready to collect at Argos or wherever. They don't bother collecting it, Argos returns it to you, ebay just takes the cash for the item and the postage out of your account and fully refunds the buyer.

I'll be opting out of C&C from now on.
That's bad news. Unfortunately, eBay does seem to be very pro buyer. A couple of times, buyers have not paid so I have issued a case against them only for it to lapse with no apparent repercussions for the buyer(?). At least in those cases, I got a full refund of charges.

Thanks for the heads up, Hawkeye. Will do the same.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Ebay is becoming more irritating lately by relisting your items without asking and badgering you to accept offers and, if you don't, adding 35p to your fee. Leave us alone for crying out loud!

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:Ebay is becoming more irritating lately by relisting your items without asking and badgering you to accept offers and, if you don't, adding 35p to your fee. Leave us alone for crying out loud!
That's weird. I've got hundreds of items loaded on Ebay and I've not been badgered regarding accepting offers once and I've not seen a 35p charge mentioned at all. I'd check your settings if I was you Steve as you may have inadvertently clicked on an 'accept offer' button of some form.

SID

Post by SID »

stevezodiac wrote:Ebay is becoming more irritating lately by relisting your items without asking and badgering you to accept offers and, if you don't, adding 35p to your fee. Leave us alone for crying out loud!
You could also have the auto-listing tick box ticked which means eBay will relist your item 8 times and charge you accordingly if you are not eligible for free listings at the time of the relist.

As Adam suggests, you should go through your listings with a fine tooth comb.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

peace355

Post by peace355 »

I hadn't sold anything on ebay for a while, but currently have a collection of Nikkis listed and there does seem to be changes since I last listed. Like I didn't realise potential bidders could put an offer in, that will then disappear if someone places a bid! Will have to look more carefully at how I list things in future.

I've used the C&C as a buyer and have found it quite useful, as I can't guarantee I'll be home when package comes, but yes must be very annoying when buyer doesn't bother to collect.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

peace355 wrote:I hadn't sold anything on ebay for a while, but currently have a collection of Nikkis listed and there does seem to be changes since I last listed. Like I didn't realise potential bidders could put an offer in, that will then disappear if someone places a bid! Will have to look more carefully at how I list things in future.

I've used the C&C as a buyer and have found it quite useful, as I can't guarantee I'll be home when package comes, but yes must be very annoying when buyer doesn't bother to collect.
You can switch the offer part off on any listing when you load it. The option came in a couple of weeks ago and I've now turned the offer feature off of all of my auction listings as it only encourages low offers below your opening price. Not useful to me!