War Issue ComicScene UK

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

tonyf33

War Issue ComicScene UK

Post by tonyf33 »

The latest issue of ComicScene UK focusses on War Comics as well as features on Roy of the Rovers, Stan Lee, young creator Drew Marr, exclusive Carlos Ezquerra sketches, a new indie comics section and Pat Mills Last Word on 'Charley's War'. Fury, Battle Action, Commando, Rogue Trooper, Happy Warrior, Giles's War, Jacques Tardi, James Bond Origins, Rat Pack, Black Max, Invasion, Warlord, Third World War and True War all feature. There is a sale on in October so order yours at www.comicscene.tictail.com

lucia

Re: War Issue ComicScene UK

Post by lucia »

Just finished reading the latest issue. I really feel that the magazine is starting to get into its stride. Fantastic value if you order in advance and well worth getting if you haven’t tried it yet. If you like British comics you will not be disappointed.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I'd like to see it in a shop so I could flick through it first. Did someone say Smiths now sells it?

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

I’ve never seen it in smiths, though forbidden planet had it

tonyf33

Post by tonyf33 »

Thanks for your kind comments - we think the magazine is improving issue by issue too, largely due to feedback and suggestions from readers which have been most welcome. There is exciting news for you below!

You may be aware you can get ComicScene UK direct from us at www.comicscene.tictail.com and we are now in the position to offer a low cost subscription price and free postage direct to you. The War Issue is out now and the Magic and Horror issue is out 21 November.

You can order it in to your local comic shop, as Diamond / Previews can distribute it into all 450 UK and Europe comic shops who deal with them / order it. All Forbidden Planets and comic shops like Gosh in London and Magazine Heaven in Rushden Lakes stock it (there are others who have supported us from the beginning too). All UK comic shops are being sent a free copy of the magazine and a digital copy of the magazine from Diamond this week and if you all go in and ask them to stock it that would be great!

The exciting news is we've just signed contracts to get the magazine into 600 UK stores including WHSmith by the end of the year. Oh, and you heard it here on this forum first! More soon...