ComicScene UK is coming to selected WHSmith in December

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

tonyf33

ComicScene UK is coming to selected WHSmith in December

Post by tonyf33 »

ComicScene UK is coming to 600 selected WHSmith travel and high street stores in December. Full details at https://comicsflix.org/2018/11/15/comic ... o-whsmith/

This is added to the 250 potential comic stores across the UK via Diamond, those who buy in our store or subscribe via www.comicscene.tictail.com or order through websites such as Forbidden Planet or GetMyComics.com

Taking advantage of this new potential market to promote comics we are renumbering with a pilot issue over Christmas and New Year months (from 19 Dec) and then back to monthly again on 20th February. It will be all new material.

I'm sure you want to see the magazine succeed as much as we do - so buying back issues, subscribing, trying out our special publications such as the Annual and the Crikey! volumes will really help at www.comicscene.tictail.com - there is some Black Friday deals on there at the moment. Details of other Black Friday comic deals at https://comicsflix.org/2018/11/14/comic ... lable-now/

Or get down to your local comic shop and set up a standing order or add to your pull list - they can order it for you through Diamond.

All help and support greatly appreciated.

David McDonald

Re: ComicScene UK is coming to selected WHSmith in December

Post by David McDonald »

Great News! I know Smiths have some dealings with Eason, any idea if it will be in Ireland in Eason's?

tonyf33

Post by tonyf33 »

All the WHSmith locations are listed here https://comicsflix.org/2018/11/28/comic ... om-20-dec/
We will also be in 50 WHSmith Travel Shops and 340 Martin McColls.
I believe Ireland comic shops can order through Diamond. Just ask and they can add it to your standing order / pull list.

We can still deliver copies through www.comicscene.tictail.com

tonyf33

Post by tonyf33 »

Hi - ComicScene due in WHSmith, McColls and comic shops from 22nd December - info and locations listed here
https://comicscene.org/
Copies will be in Easons from 4th January - it will be selected stores but you can order it from any.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I flicked through Comic Scene in the Waterloo Smith's but didn't buy it as I'm only interested in vintage comics.

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

My Smiths had large numbers of this, but as with the previous reply it appears to have completely shifted its focus so I didn't pick one up.

Best of luck with it though.

All I would say... the cover artwork is really very poor. If you're looking to compete with everything else on the shelf then the cover is the first thing that people look at and its that bad its quite off putting.

Apologies if this comes across as negative and tbh I had a quick flick through and it looks very professional internally. But there's no point giving feedback if we aren't honest.

tonyf33

Post by tonyf33 »

Thanks for the feedback. We will continue to strive to be the best magazine we can be.
We will also continue to feature vintage classic comics as well as new titles.
In each issue we hope you will find something to your taste and maybe try something new.
We have many years of comics to cover, and hopefully many years of great comics to come.
Early sales reports are very positive and your continued support is very much appreciated.
You can now get the magazine in WHSmith, McColls, Easons (Ireland) or order it in any newsagent through their wholesaler. You can also get it in Comic Shops and they can add it to your standing order/pull list. You can also order or subscribe online at www.comicscene.tictail.com or GetMyComics.com. There is a sale on at the ComicScene site to 7th January and you can subscribe for £5 an issue (plus free postage) for either 6 or 12 issues.

starscape

Post by starscape »

I bought this at WH Smith. That was despite the cover art which I really didn't like. It does have a bit of a personality crisis. It does seem dedicated to the mature Brit comic fan, so the 'out now' US side does seem odd. I would welcome a UK version of Back Issue more than the all-inclusive. Becoming more in-depth on the likes of Starblazer or Marvel UK is preferable to 2000AD leading characters and the Beano. Future suggestions could be golden age UK superheroes, 'odd' Commandos (Westerns, sci-fi, Romans etc), re-evaluating a character in a comic, e.g. King Cobra, rather than the whole of the Hotspur. See how Back Issue operates and have guidance for writers, rather than simply topics.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

tonyf33

Post by tonyf33 »

Hi - Thanks for the feedback. You might be interested to know a three part look at Marvel UK starts in February.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Tony i have just renewed my subscription for another year but not sure how many i have coming in current subscription left as i dunno if you said we was getting a few issues free as an original subscriber.