This weeks Dandy

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Peter Gray

This weeks Dandy

Post by Peter Gray »

I liked the hero car poster Steve.....Wow!!

My Own Genie was still its silly best......its the Harry Hill of the Dandy :lol:

Digifiend

Re: This weeks Dandy

Post by Digifiend »

Peter Gray wrote:My Own Genie was still its silly best......its the Harry Hill of the Dandy :lol:
Well that's ironic in hindsight. Now Harry Hill is the Harry Hill of the Dandy! :D

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Back to the year 2010 Noov 18th yesterdays Dandy..

I liked the gag we missed Tuesdays Dandy when Harry went to the Moon..
Also spotted the Dan was here on page 2 in 1972 written on the desk..
Also who will be the next young celebrity next week? Liked the clever Stephen Fry one..Its Quirky

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Couldn't get the comics yesterday (I was doing Christmas shopping and the newsagent I bought my newspapers from doesn't sell either Dandy or Beano), so I haven't seen it yet, but doesn't the Little (insert celebrity name here) strip usually have a panel at the end saying who's in it the next week? And no clue on the Next Week's Dandy page either?

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

No Hints this week...the panel below shoed what the big words meant used in Stephen Frys strip..no dumbing down here.. :wink:

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

AAaaaaarrrggghhhh!!!! A PIG!!!!! :headbash:

The spirit of OINK lives on! :)

- Phil Rushton

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

My brother has developed a habit of shoving a cuddly pig in people's faces and shouting "PEEEEG", so he liked the cover of the last issue!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

philcom55 wrote:AAaaaaarrrggghhhh!!!! A PIG!!!!! :headbash:

The spirit of OINK lives on! :)

- Phil Rushton
Indeed. Find the pigs has been a feature since they revamped last month. Page 2 tells you how many to find (it's 5 this week).

I have bought my comics now. Finally, a Dandy cover showing more than just Harry's face. And like I hoped, the backdrop is linked to the story inside. :)

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Apologies for double posting, but the index still says felneymike posted last and not me. :x

NP

Post by NP »

The covers vary a bit from this week on. Sometimes they'll vary A LOT.

Meanwhile, ever wonder what happened to some of the Dandy's old characters?
http://nigelparkinsoncartoons.blogspot.com/

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Digifiend wrote:Find the pigs has been a feature since they revamped last month. Page 2 tells you how many to find
...Yes, but this time they've got a whole page to themselves. Just wait, before long Harry Hill will wind up just like Farmer Brown in Animal Farm and the pigs will take over everything! :wink:

- Phil R.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Loved seeing the young Top Gear gang very funny.. :lol: it was strange seeing young comic characters driving then smashing up a car...we havn't seen this type of storyline in comics for a long time..
Also can't wait to see the young Bruce in black and white next week..
Love this concept!
Postman Prat and Kids Cops were also good..
Liking George and the dragon..

SID

Post by SID »

Another great issue this week. :up:
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Peter Gray wrote:Loved seeing the young Top Gear gang very funny.. :lol: it was strange seeing young comic characters driving then smashing up a car...we havn't seen this type of storyline in comics for a long time..
Also can't wait to see the young Bruce in black and white next week..
Love this concept!
Postman Prat and Kids Cops were also good..
Liking George and the dragon..
I think Prat will be in big trouble with his bosses (for what he did to his vehicle) and the highways agency! :lol: Having Young Bruce Forsyth in greyscale next week is a nice touch - a gag referring to television being black and white in those days, I guess. Simon Cowell appears in both Beano and Dandy this week, was that deliberate, or just coincidental?

Did anybody spot the Dandy star of the past on the Cheryl's hair page? Seems they're changing it next week, for a male version. Wagner!

NP

Post by NP »

Digifiend wrote:Having Young Bruce Forsyth in greyscale next week is a nice touch - a gag referring to television being black and white in those days...
The Little Bruce strip was all my idea, for a change. Glad it's getting noticed before it's even printed!