Help Needed please

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

BeanoKev70

Help Needed please

Post by BeanoKev70 »

Anyone know where in the Southend area I can buy Commando, WHSmiths seem to of stopped stocking it, anyone know where else I could pick it up?

Digifiend

Re: Help Needed please

Post by Digifiend »

You could get a subscription?

BeanoKev70

Post by BeanoKev70 »

I've taken the plunge & have taken out a subscription, apparently Smiths have stopped stocking them as they were being stolen from the shelves so they only take customer orders on them now....

Jay

Post by Jay »

Someone was saying on here a few months ago about Commando titles having security tags on them. Could be a problem for the title if WHSmith stops putting them on the shelves in all stores.

Sage the Owl

Post by Sage the Owl »

I wondered why I had'nt seen any on the shelves in the Southend store recently. Pretty poor excuse for not stocking a title but then I find that most management at these stores dont have much of a clue on running a business.
The magazine section is in a constant state of disarray, issues being missed, only 1 or 2 copies available some months and the titles being squeezed into a smaller & smaller area of shelf space in order to put in "pik & mix" and any other tat they want to promote.
Rant over...... however back on the original topic their Brentwood & Lakeside branches still stock Commando, at least for now anyway.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

In my local Tesco the comics have been moved to a shelf all of their own so nursery and juvenile comics now all together. Plus at very the top of the shelf the backing board has promo material displayed including one for the Dandy. As a result it is quite tidy as there are no titles on top of others.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

WHSmith here in Hull still sells Commando. Must've been a decision by the branch manager to discontinue it in Southend.