3 new pages added to the 'Buzz Comic and Cracker Comic' web

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

toxteth o'grady

3 new pages added to the 'Buzz Comic and Cracker Comic' web

Post by toxteth o'grady »

For any Crackerphiles who are interested, I've added 3 new pages to the 'Buzz Comic and Cracker Comic' web site to cover the two eight page pull-outs, the Cracker Calendar and the Front Page covers. Access them at the bottom of this page.
http://home.btconnect.com/thetopper/cracker_strips.htm

Niblet

Re: 3 new pages added to the 'Buzz Comic and Cracker Comic'

Post by Niblet »

That's a really interesting site. I particularly like this page http://home.btconnect.com/thetopper/postmanknox.htm which marries a great idea for a subject with impressive research and a clever layout.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

If you are up for it I would love to see all the covers of Cracker...
I've done similar with Jackpot, Krazy etc..

toxteth o'grady

Peter Gray wrote:If you are up for it I would love to see all the covers of Cracker...
Hi Pete,

I did think about doing that, but it would have taken quite a bit of time and I'd been wanting to get these three pages out of the way and up on the net for a while. Another consideration (au Lew) was whether it's right to do so - they are copyright of DC Thomson and maybe putting every cover up might be a bit over the top. I'd be interested in other forum members' views on this, and also on any suggestions on how the covers might best be displayed.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Comes under fair use I'd say. Comic Vine has every cover up for Commando, 2000AD, and many US comics - including Action Comics and Detective Comics! There's a lot of Beano's and Dandy's missing though.

toxteth o'grady

Peter Gray wrote:If you are up for it I would love to see all the covers of Cracker...
Nearly two years on I've eventually got round to putting up all the front cover pages of 'Cracker' comic.
They can be seen on the 'Cracker Covers' page at http://home.btconnect.com/thetopper/cra ... hp#gallery.

[I've moved the text about the last issue of Cracker to the 'First and Last' section of the 'Overview' page.]

Coincidentally, if Cracker was still going, this week's issue would be no. 2000.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

The images are all broken there! Also, the background needs to be fixed on the Sparky summarypage, it has white blocks in a couple of places.

toxteth o'grady

Digifiend wrote:The images are all broken there! Also, the background needs to be fixed on the Sparky summarypage, it has white blocks in a couple of places.
uh-oh! what a clanger! The original script had links pointing to the images on my computer and I changed them when I uploaded it to the internet. They were fine. Then I decided to make a small change, amended the script and uploaded it. Only I'd used the original. The correct script should be up over the weekend.

I'm aware of the 'white blocks' on the Sparky Summary page but not sure how to fix it. I think it's down to the depth of the page. It also depends on which computer or browser you use - it looks OK in IE9.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Hope you can get it working...will be great to see the covers...thanks for doing this..

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

toxteth o'grady wrote:I'm aware of the 'white blocks' on the Sparky Summary page but not sure how to fix it. I think it's down to the depth of the page. It also depends on which computer or browser you use - it looks OK in IE9.
I'm using Chrome. I think this explains how to fix it: http://www.htmlhelpcentral.com/messageb ... background