Email and PM problem.

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Al
Sir!

Email and PM problem.

Post by Al »

I was recently made aware, by our two most recent members, that the automatic confirmation Email system isn't working. And they were right! So I manually activated them and tried to resolve this new problem.

All configuration settings seemed to be okay from my end, so yesterday I spoke to my new hosting company about the problem. After 40 minutes on the phone (non-premium rate, thankfully) they could not resolve the issue.

NOW, it seems that the PM system is not working!!

A messge from the Forum Error log reads: (Connection refused). So a follow-up ticket has been raised with them again and I am currently awaiting a reply.

If anyone would like to PM or Email me (via the Forum) please do. That way I'll know if it's the forum configuration or just me. Hopefully this whole problem will be cured by the setting of one option.

So, apart from losing the whole website and now having problems with the forum, everything is tickety-boo!

Al

Al
Sir!

Re: Email and PM problem.

Post by Al »

Thanks for trying to Email and PM me guys.

I've checked the error log and every attempt has been logged there. So it isn't working at all now. Although the PM's were definitely working yesterday, until I made that phone call to the hosting company.

I am still in discussion with the hosting company regarding the latest developements.

Al

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Geez, and I thought losing the main site was bad enough... any more skeletons in the closest, hosting company? :wink:

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

OK. I'm not going to blow too many trumpets, but I think I've sorted out the Email problem and possibly the PM problem as well.

So if you are reading this message before midnight tonight (that's the 27th May) please try sending me an Email and PM via the Forum. (So click on Members link and select the PM and Email option alongside Al.)

:xfingers:

Al