Complete set of 2000AD for sale on e-Bay

Discuss or comment on Britain's sole surviving boy's comic from the 1970's. The home of Judge Dredd, Slaine, Nikolai Dante, ABC Warriors and Sinister Dexter. Has been running since 1977.

Moderator: AndyB

betel_uk

Re: Complete set of 2000AD for sale on e-Bay

Post by betel_uk »

The main problem with Prog 76 is that many were butchered to make the cut-out "Cursed Earth" game (a tie in with one of Judge Dredd's early story lines) but you can pick them up regularly on eBay for a few pounds.

Good to see some interet here for the "Galaxy's Greatest" as it was one my childhood loves! Bought it from the first issue at the tender age of 10 for years and years... I'm even thinking of starting a subscription again!

I now sell 2000ADs as a bit of a hobby so if any of the posters here are interested in picking up individual copies or large numbers (or maybe even a complete run!) please get in touch... there's NO WAY I'd be after a price anywhere like those eBay listings...

I'm usually interested in selling but I'm also in the market for Valiants so could be open to trades as well.

Hope this is of interest to someone...

Ian

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

What a great Gibson cover - and how well balanced with the logo.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

I have a fair few 1978 Progs, but not Prog 76.

It seems to be the era of 'Cursed Earth', 'Empire of the Ants' and the original Futureshocks.......... [or maybe a bit earlier] ah, great days, when Thrill Power was all so new!

presterjohn

Post by presterjohn »

I have no idea which issue it was but one of the earlier issues did have a distribution problem of some nature. I don't know if it was a strike or warehouse fire but much of the country missed out on one issue. Maybe that was issue 76.

betel_uk

Post by betel_uk »

presterjohn wrote:I have no idea which issue it was but one of the earlier issues did have a distribution problem of some nature. I don't know if it was a strike or warehouse fire but much of the country missed out on one issue. Maybe that was issue 76.
There's a much later issue (prog 1208) where 2/3 of the print run was destroyed by flooding in the warehouse (or so the story goes).

There were some problems early on with a strike halting production entirely for a few weeks but that just left a gap in the issue dates as far as I know.

Actuyally, I'm listing a whole bunch of early 2000ADs over on eBay as I type if anyone's interested:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/betel_uk/m.ht ... ksid=p3692