The penultimate edition

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

booksandcomics

Re: The penultimate edition

Post by booksandcomics »

Good news! It turned up this morning! Looks like the previous weeks was just very late! Having them delivered has been great but sporadic at times. Some weeks I will get two issues within a few days of each other and then others its nearly a week and a half!

All the same, I'm glad that I've subscribed and will miss getting them through the post. Still, I am tracking down older issues! Still eagerly after some final copies from the 1970s!

Adam

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

booksandcomics, that is why a number of us complained, and we got switched to Royal Mail 1st Class post. The Beano has reached me on a Monday fairly consistently, Beano Max on a Monday or Tuesday, but the Dandy was arriving on Tuesday, Wednesday or even Thursday. I am at best impolite about TNT.

SID

Post by SID »

I cannot complain about my Dandy subscription. It has either arrived on a Saturday or the latest the following Monday.

Of course, there will be no more delays in getting your copy after next week.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Hmm, looks like they altered that artwork on the cover. Take a close look at the winning line.
Compared to the original annual:

For some reason, it was moved. The mice have moved closer to the road as well.

booksandcomics

Post by booksandcomics »

Good spot! I guess this was done to make it fit more neatly on the page? If they didn't the bar code would likely have covered up part of "winning line"?

Adam