Need opinions on my new art style

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Archamedes

Need opinions on my new art style

Post by Archamedes »

Okay, I have adopted a whole new art style for my comics. Just now I competed part 5 of my 'Walker' series and applied the new style to it.

Please check it out & tell me what you think I just need general feedback on what you think.

http://djcomics.files.wordpress.com/201 ... ker-05.pdf

It doesn't matter if you are not up to date on the story, but if you missed the previous issues and are interested to see how it started then here is the page containing all comics in this series

http://www.dj-comics.com/walker/

big bad bri

Re: Need opinions on my new art style

Post by big bad bri »

I really liked it,some how its more like a proper comic style more brighter ,crisper clearer,but im no expert in these things but i do really like walker & cant wait for the next one & i enjoyed it which is the main thing ,you should try & get them printed as comics or a graphic novel that can sit proudly among the walking dead ones & i cant wait to read the next iss. :D

Archamedes

Post by Archamedes »

excellent, thank you for your honesty. I trust you have read the previous issues and can compare the original style to the new one. I was actually worried that changing halfway could be damaging especially when people are used to a certain thing. I was also worried that the new style wouldn't work, but I think I will stick with it.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

It reminds me of Bankys' [the grafitti artist]s' style.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Yes i have read all previous issues & it did take me a few mins to get used to but it is better,how long until next one is it a monthly thing or its done when its done thing :lol:

Archamedes

Post by Archamedes »

On average it usually takes a month to do, but if I get caught up on other projects or freelance work It goes on hold. In fact there was a years break between issue 3-4 because one project I did took that long to finish. I try to keep them as up to date as possible

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

I've only recently stumbled across this thread and really enjoyed the story. What happened to #7??

I think I preferred the original artwork but can't seem to download the original issues any more as I wanted to show the better half who's a Walking Dead fan.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

i've been missing this too and cant believe its been over 4 years since i read hem.where has the time gone :cry:

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Adam Eterno wrote:I've only recently stumbled across this thread and really enjoyed the story. What happened to #7??

I think I preferred the original artwork but can't seem to download the original issues any more as I wanted to show the better half who's a Walking Dead fan.
7 is up but no more since

https://djcomics.files.wordpress.com/20 ... ker-07.pdf

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

i want to see number 8 having just read 5-7 where is it and why the long delay.any plans to continue

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

big bad bri wrote:i want to see number 8 having just read 5-7 where is it and why the long delay.any plans to continue
on another thread I see that the author stopped this story to concentrate on another sadly. I was quite enjoying it!

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Thanks for that Bri, I'll read that tonight. I don't suppose you have a link to #1 do you as I can't seem to find it any more? I want to show my Mrs as I think she'll like it.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Adam Eterno wrote:
Thanks for that Bri, I'll read that tonight. I don't suppose you have a link to #1 do you as I can't seem to find it any more? I want to show my Mrs as I think she'll like it.
here is 1-7 adam

https://djcomics.wordpress.com/walker/#

then click comics at top to see his other stuff though i aint read those yet.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

big bad bri wrote: here is 1-7 adam

https://djcomics.wordpress.com/walker/#

then click comics at top to see his other stuff though i aint read those yet.
Cheers Bri, you're a star!