The "Last Ever" Dandy Summer Special - are you getting it?

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

SID

The "Last Ever" Dandy Summer Special - are you getting it?

Post by SID »

As already mentioned elsewhere in this forum, DCT has released the "last ever"* Dandy Summer Special (https://www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk/Product ... 3130).aspx). Silly question perhaps but who is getting a copy?

I have ordered mine from DCT themselves (along with the Beano 75th Birthday Bookazine).

*I can't help thinking that DCT is saying that this is the last Summer Special to try and recreate what happened with the last issue of the comic.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Re: The "Last Ever" Dandy Summer Special - are you getting i

Post by Digifiend »

I'll be picking up both as soon as I see them... it's gonna be an expensive week, with the first Dennis Megazine and a probably more expensive than usual weekly Beano too.

SID

Post by SID »

LOL. Very true, Digi.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

I'll be picking up a copy, I'm looking forward to seeing The Dandy where it belongs again IN PRINT!!!

django

Post by django »

I'm gonna attempt to get all 3 in my local smiths and if I can't get them there I'll order them online!.

George Shiers

Post by George Shiers »

Yep - I'll definitely be getting a copy. I'll probably have to order it online though since they probably won't sell it in stores here (NZ).

That said, does anybody know if you can buy the Dennis and Gnasher Megazine online? I certainly won't be able to get to a WHSmith to get it.
Visit my blog all about British comics old and new! http://www.whackycomics.blogspot.com

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

The Megazine is available in all good newsagents - anywhere that sold BeanoMAX should have it.

You can subscribe via the DCT Shop: https://www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk/Product ... 3113).aspx

SID

Post by SID »

You can also get a Megazine subscription from here http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/a ... d_megazine

Oh wait a minute, Digi. You are talking about that OTHER Megazine. :roll:

blaing

Post by blaing »

It's likely the Dennis and Gnasher Megazine will be available worldwide. (I'll keep a watch at the Gordon and Gotch website for when the comic goes on sale here. Probably be available on the same day as the 75th anniversary Beano goes on sale.)

Dunder Ed

Post by Dunder Ed »

I am fortunate to have £15 worth of vouchers for Smith's so I'll be straight down there to buy the two specials and the megazine.

SID

Post by SID »

Bought my copy from WHSmiths in Newcastle. A very good read.

With the weekly and summer special now gone, I hope the annual will continue to fight the good fight for the foreseeable future.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Its still possible there could be new dandy specials...from the comics..and a few pages from the summer special...But it does look like there will be two Beano specials rather than a Dandy one next year...

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

There were two Beano specials last year, but this Dandy one didn't replace one of them - they didn't come out simultaneously like this year's specials did. So you can't assume that there'll be two Beano specials next year. There might only be one, like in 2011.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Well what do you know, another Dandy in print - Christmas Cracker out now!

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Is this one the last ever Christmas special ever!
Then we'll have the last ever Easter special..
The last ever Sports special ever..I've found a loop hole! :wink:

Anyway its very good news...sorry about my silly joke above.. :)