Editing option disappeared

A place for you to offer some suggestions for this website or some constructive criticism

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Kid Robson

Editing option disappeared

Post by Kid Robson »

The editing facility on my comments has disappeared, meaning I can no longer correct typos. Is it the same for everyone, and if so, why?

I've just noticed that it's still available on this very question, but not on my comments in the 'Are weekly comics doomed?' thread in the 'General Comics Discussion' section. Anyone else have this problem?

Kid Robson

Re: Editing option disappeared

Post by Kid Robson »

Is it really too much to expect the courtesy of a reply by the moderators to this question? Is the missing edit option a fault, an oversight or a deliberate action? Or are I and anyone else who is wondering what has happened really expected to seperately contact administers or moderators for an explanation. Surely it's more bother for you to reply to individual enquiries on the same matter than it is to let everyone know about changes you may have instituted?

Having no edit function is an inconvenience. One can't add links, correct typos or insert clarifications. It would be nice to know what's going on and courteous of you to inform us.

Kid Robson

Post by Kid Robson »

There should, of course, have been a question mark after 'explanation' in the third sentence of the previous comment. I would have used the edit option to correct it rather than leave a separate comment, but I can't for reasons previously referred to.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

The editing option has (hopefully) been restored - we've also enabled Quick Reply on all fora which didn't have it before - it should be in a button beside "Post Reply"

We've also made some fora open to registered users only - Non-Comics Discussion, General Comics Discussion, Conventions and Reference Section are still open to guests to read.