Edinburgh 2 day Con.

If you know of an upcoming event or you would like to discuss a recent one post here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Edinburgh 2 day Con.

Post by paw broon »

Officially titled, "Something Bl**dy Awesome" , this is on at Potterrow, Edinburgh this weekend, 12th. and 13th. April. Info here plus a link to their Facebook page:-
http://www.heroconventions.com/

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Edinburgh 2 day Con.

Post by colcool007 »

Karen and I are going. It would be nice to see a few more there.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

For those of you able to go tomorrow, I heartily recommend it. This is an event that has the feel of being one that could go big on the comic scene calendar.

The venue is large enough to have had plenty more attendees and more dealers. Those I met today were Alan Grant, Ferg Handley, Ian Churchill, Norm Breyfoyle (may have mis-spelled that one), Graham Manley, Leo Manco to name but a few. Good deal to be had on the dealers tables and the indie stalls. And I found an Ian Kennedy illustrated header in a story in an issue of Adventure so I am more than happy. I will put that on this post later as I have to go and be Dad's taxis now!

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Couldn't agree more, Colin. What a good day in a good venue. Renewed some old acquaintenceships, enjoyed some good, funny patter, had a wee drink and, best of all, bought some comics.
I have to say Colin, you were on form.
For those of you interested on American comics, there were original Archie pages by Norm Breyfogle and a friend splashed out on one. Lovely stuff. And Norm signed the back for him.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

...Oh, to be in Scotland now that April’s there! :headbash:

- Phil R.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

philcom55 wrote:Oh, to be in Scotland now that April’s there!
Why, is she an old girlfriend?

starscape

Post by starscape »

Went to Edinburgh today and bought a 1989 Hotspur Annual (and Murder 12" by New Order). Not from the fest unfortunately. Forgot to take down the address. D'oh! :oops:

Mind you, had some really nice shisha to make up for it.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

OOOOOPS!
Actually the address didn't do me much good as I wandered up and down Potterrow (which is a street) in vain, when the venue was in a building called Potterrow, situated behind Potterrow the street. I eventually found the door when, in company with some other venue searchers, we spotted some folk dressed as Star Wars characters lurking near the entrance.
April? Who she?

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

paw broon wrote:OOOOOPS!
Actually the address didn't do me much good as I wandered up and down Potterrow (which is a street) in vain, when the venue was in a building called Potterrow, situated behind Potterrow the street. I eventually found the door when, in company with some other venue searchers, we spotted some folk dressed as Star Wars characters lurking near the entrance.
April? Who she?
I must admit that the big cue for me was the queue of people standing outside a random building. And no student I've ever known was that keen at 10am on a Saturday morning!

It was significantly quieter today and I think that it may have been a mistake to run an inaugural event over two days. Much better could have been to run it for the Saturday and if demand was there, add the second day next year.