Beano Sales

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Re: Beano Sales

Post by Digifiend »

Tesco are dumb. My local Tesco Extra has kids comics on the top shelf too. No logic to the order either, it affects Beano, Epic - and Toxic and both Simpsons titles, so it's not alphabetical order.

Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Hooray for Sainbury's !! They've started putting the Beano around 7-year old eye level at last :)

At least for this week anyway. I wonder if other Sainsbury's are doing it - or were they fed up of me moving half to another shelf?

r3tr0_gam3r

Post by r3tr0_gam3r »

Well, one of my nephews is having a birthday this month, so I've ordered him a subscription to the Beano. I bought him and his brother each a copy of The Dandy & Beano annuals for Christmas last year and they seemed to enjoy them, so this will be a great way to get them into comics!

Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Beano was down to the last copy in the UK's largest supermarket today!!

Since the staff at my local supermarkets have taken my lead and starting putting it where 7-12 year old's can see, I hope it helps sales a little (probably they sell about 10 a week as it is a big SMarket).

The nephew (now 9) is still loving reading Beano every week, so the editor is doing good things. :)

Muffy

Post by Muffy »

Strong Beano sales seem to be related to holiday's in my area.

I noticed that over Xmas; half term and the Easter holidays that Beano's in the South London supermarkets I visit were mostly sold, often with 1 issue left. Dennis & Gnasher magazine has also done very well from what I can see. However it does look as though other weeks have a much harder time, as I've seen many issues still on the shelves sometimes.

Has anyone else noticed a pick-up in Beano sales in their areas over school holidays?

geoff42

Post by geoff42 »

Is there still a return on no sales for Beano where supermarkets are concerned? It's just that, invariably, I see no Beano in the comic/magazine racks of my local Asda. I enquire and am told that Beano has sold out. That's great, but then I think shouldn't they order more copies when there is about 3-4 days before the next issue is out?

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

That assumes that the distributor is prepared to send more.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

In Sainsbury's all the comics were bagged up...except the Beano so well done for bucking the trend..
I thought the Mr Men comic was good with actual stories inside and comic strips..looked very good for young people...