[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Comics UK - View topic - Will The Dandy ever return?

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Will The Dandy ever return? 

10 Sep 2015, 21:57
Profile WWW

10 Sep 2015, 22:03
Profile WWW

I've seen the Beano in my local Londis a grand total of once. It was during a Thursday and there was only one left in the shop. I'm assuming that Londis are subscribing to the old method of "Only stock the number of issues that sold last week" meaning the amount of issues they sell can never ever increase.

Sammy Shrink, Korky, Dennis and the Dandy all updated
Beryl the Peril Page Added
Navigation altered

11 Sep 2015, 10:46

11 Sep 2015, 13:39
Profile WWW

11 Sep 2015, 14:30
Guru

11 Sep 2015, 15:01

We have had them for several years - some are from London who are at University at Sheffield Hallam. One is from Nottingham. I do wonder why a Londoner goes to University in Yorkshire but I suppose it is what the University has to offer curriculum wise? Or to get away from parents? They all flat share locally.

11 Sep 2015, 15:38

Getting back to the Dandy wouldn't it be a beezer wheeze if some of us could get some cheap old Dandys (from flea markets/charity shops) and put them on the supermarket shelves all over Britain? It would probably make the national press. Puzzled store staff everywhere.

11 Sep 2015, 15:40

And probably get you banned from the shop! Keep your head down, what with all the cctv. A Beezer wheeze indeed.
As for what's on the shelves, the only shop in Falkirk and Linlithgow with a lot of comics for children and older readers is WHS and that's closing soon. Some other newsagents have a smattering of titles but the only other place to buy Doctor Who Comic is Asda. The packed newsagent in Linlithgow does have the occasional DC reprint, Viz and some of the kids' comics but that's it. Actually I realise I didn't go into the big Tesco at the retail park, so perhaps they have a bigger selection. Commando will disappear from Falkirk when WHS closes.

11 Sep 2015, 16:29

Tesco's selection should be similar to Asda's.

11 Sep 2015, 16:37

Yes it did occur to me that they would not be amused and prosecute us for "reverse shoplifting" or "behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace"

Judge: "This is a serious misdemeanour and I am afraid to say there will Beano leniency...ha ha rather good, what? Beano, be no? Harummph!"

11 Sep 2015, 17:34
Guru

11 Sep 2015, 22:33

When I was young moving away from home was an important factor in choosing a University. Nowadays the prospect of building up a huge student debt seems to be forcing far greater numbers to restrict themselves to local courses so they can continue living at home. :(

12 Sep 2015, 05:05

You're almost guaranteed a copy of Beano in both Asda and Tesco in my local town; Marvel monthlies - no chance. 2000 ad and Judge Dredd - behave! They have long gone. There are various children's comics/mags that are available - all alien to me. Sorry to say, it ain't gonna get any better!

03 Jan 2016, 03:09

I can't believe its been over 5 years now since The Dandy ended,bring it back DCT.

09 Jun 2018, 01:10
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next