Star Wars: The Force Awakens. CONTAINS SPOILERS.

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Star Wars: The Force Awakens. CONTAINS SPOILERS.

Post by colcool007 »

Just in case you have clicked on this thread by mistake, go back unless you have seen the movie, not bothered about knowing the plot or just interested to see what all the fuss is about.
Spoiler Alert. This is your last chance.
I was blown away by the feel of this movie. It felt organic in a way that very few modern movies do. This was a case of making a movie to feel like a cinematic experience rather than make a movie to explore the boundaries of the current technology.

It was fairly obvious early on that Rey (Daisy Ridley) was going to be a big deal in the movie. Oprhaned, abandoned on a remote planet and still able to hold her own. She is a character that any actor would love to play as she has the full gamut of experiences open to her such as action hero, tough on the outside, soft on the inside as evidenced when she does not want to be abandoned by Fin at the outpost.

And for her to be a Jedi is not exactly new ground as some of the females in the origin trilogy were also Jedis.

I will say more later, but at last I can talk about it without fearing that I am going to ruin someone else's experience!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!