childhood tv tomorrow night -for some

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

big bad bri

childhood tv tomorrow night -for some

Post by big bad bri »

If anyone wants to relive a smidge of their childhoods aside from us all hoarding uk comics :lol: Tomorrow night mon 21/12 on BBC4 they are showing a few documentaries on kids from 60s/70s anepisode of blue peter from 1974 ,an 86 Grange Hill,an old play School, John Craven's newsround from 73,It should be a nostalgia filled night for some of us but just don't scatter any old comics around the living room ;) :lol:

big bad bri

Re: childhood tv tomorrow night -for some

Post by big bad bri »

I enjoyed watching some of those old shows again and think one of those abundance of useless sattelite channels should show classic kids shows up to 2000 or so.I wouldn't mind seeing grange hill from the start to finish again as they only did s1-4 on dvd. And some of those kids on the children talking documentary looked like future serial killers but it was fascinating seeing how our country has changed over the last 50 years or so just through old shows like these.

JT Mirana

Post by JT Mirana »

big bad bri wrote:I enjoyed watching some of those old shows again and think one of those abundance of useless sattelite channels should show classic kids shows up to 2000 or so.I wouldn't mind seeing grange hill from the start to finish again as they only did s1-4 on dvd. And some of those kids on the children talking documentary looked like future serial killers but it was fascinating seeing how our country has changed over the last 50 years or so just through old shows like these.
'Mummy sometimes hits me with the jam spoon.'

:lol:

BeanoMaster1

Post by BeanoMaster1 »

I watched Blue Peter, Newsround and the documentary.

The episode of BP they showed was quite interesting since they showed how an episode (back then, though I don't suppose it's changed much) is made.