The Beano logo has shrank this week..

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Peter Gray

The Beano logo has shrank this week..

Post by Peter Gray »

It is a strong cover of Dennis and Gnasher...good use of black..

and fine for a one off...But I like the Beano title..
I thought it wasn't the Beano this week..

big bad bri

Re: The Beano logo has shrank this week..

Post by big bad bri »

I think its the best cover they have done in years.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

You have to bear in mind, the logo won't look so small in the shops, as it'll be bagged - and the bag probably has the normal size logo on it.

NP

Post by NP »

big bad bri wrote:I think its the best cover they have done in years.
Me too.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Is it a logo or a masthead?

From wiki:

In the UK and many other Commonwealth nations, "the masthead" is a publication's designed title as it appears on the front page;[3] what in American English is known as the nameplate.

Holy Nitpicker!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

No need to nitpick. A masthead is a specific type of logo, that appears on the front of newspapers and magazines. Calling it a logo isn't wrong.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

It's a fair picking of nits. The logo constitutes part or all of the masthead - so, for example, to take Arena of Awesome, its logo was the central part of the masthead, and the panels showing the fighters are not logos but still part of the masthead. Jamie does similarly with Looshkin - the other equivalent is on a newspaper where the masthead includes the logo, price, date, and used to include advertising panels.

I haven't seen it yet (didn't visit Easons or Tesco yesterday) but it's a gift issue, so it'll be bagged as Digi says. I'm not really missing the gifts since I don't know about them any more.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

AndyB wrote:It's a fair picking of nits. The logo constitutes part or all of the masthead - so, for example, to take Arena of Awesome, its logo was the central part of the masthead, and the panels showing the fighters are not logos but still part of the masthead. Jamie does similarly with Looshkin - the other equivalent is on a newspaper where the masthead includes the logo, price, date, and used to include advertising panels.

I haven't seen it yet (didn't visit Easons or Tesco yesterday) but it's a gift issue, so it'll be bagged as Digi says. I'm not really missing the gifts since I don't know about them any more.
i haven't missed the gifts or tat in over a year but will be going back to them and cancelling subscription as i cant take my beano arriving creased or torn and bent to f*** every week they really should sort better envelopes out.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

I have to say my Beano always arrives pristine - sounds like a handling problem.