Tumblr of Original UK Comic Art

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

comixminx

Tumblr of Original UK Comic Art

Post by comixminx »

I've just found this Tumblr with beautiful UK comic art from original pages:

http://originalukcomicart.tumblr.com/

I might even need to create a Tumblr account at this rate, to ask the person running it where they have seen this lovely art! Unless.... it is someone on this forum?
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

philcom55

Re: Tumblr of Original UK Comic Art

Post by philcom55 »

Lovely stuff - thanks for the link! I'd guess that the bulk of this artwork was purchased from the Hansen collection via Phil Clark. I've got quite a lot of similar pieces for which I really ought to set up a gallery of my own.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Does anyone know why exactly Pete Hansen is selling his collection?

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Only because he purchased an enormous archive as a job lot. Presumably he'll never part with the real jewels in his collection (and the mind boggles at what they might include!).

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything in the archive from Misty but I wouldn't be surprised if there's an odd page or two left from Tammy or Jinty - especially if they were later reprinted elsewhere. It really is fascinating having a rummage through Phil's storeroom as you never know what you're going to turn up next. Here for example is a nice half-page by Edmond Ripoll that I unearthed on my last visit (Hmmm...I wonder if this counts as horror?).

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Peter isn't actually selling off his collection although he does want to try and find a museum or library that would like to take the collection in its entirety and use it as a research resource.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Kashgar wrote:Peter isn't actually selling off his collection although he does want to try and find a museum or library that would like to take the collection in its entirety and use it as a research resource.
Thank you for that clarification, Ray. The reason I asked was because I'm sure I have been told already about the idea of displaying the artwork. Perhaps it was mentioned at the King's Cross presentation or maybe I read it somewhere here on Comics UK.

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

philcom55 wrote:Lovely stuff - thanks for the link! I'd guess that the bulk of this artwork was purchased from the Hansen collection via Phil Clark. I've got quite a lot of similar pieces for which I really ought to set up a gallery of my own.
Phil, you could use Comic Art Fans, as I do? Free to join, with control over your galleries:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDeta ... GCat=30835

Just added a few more pieces I was able to scan recently. :D

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Very nice Shaqui. The Ian Kennedy Blake's Seven is particularly impressive!

I do have a CAF gallery but haven't updated it for years. :roll: