Orange and Blue print for topics

Discuss anything not related to comics here and if you are new to these boards, introduce yourself here.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Orange and Blue print for topics

Post by Phoenix »

I've always assumed, no thinking process involved obviously, that the topics titles in orange are new topics because a small panel seems to indicate this, and the titles in blue are old topics. At what point does a new topic become an old topic and change colour from orange to blue? There doesn't seem to be a straightforward answer because chrissmillie's Scary headline in this month's Classics from the Comics is in orange but dates from Friday April 11 2008 yet Rab's topic Donald Trump/'Bad Boy Booth' from May 11 2016 is already blue.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Orange and Blue print for topics

Post by colcool007 »

Topic icons only change due to the latest post being read or unread by your profile. So it is possible for a topic to be several years old and still be orange if you have not read the latest message on that thread.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

colcool007 wrote:Topic icons only change due to the latest post being read or unread by your profile. So it is possible for a topic to be several years old and still be orange if you have not read the latest message on that thread.
Well I would never have thought of that explanation, Col, because I assumed that every other member was seeing exactly what I was seeing, but thank you for the reply. Apparently I have rather a lot of reading to do if I'm to convert my orange icons to blue. I don't think I'll bother.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Phoenix wrote:
colcool007 wrote:Topic icons only change due to the latest post being read or unread by your profile. So it is possible for a topic to be several years old and still be orange if you have not read the latest message on that thread.
Well I would never have thought of that explanation, Col, because I assumed that every other member was seeing exactly what I was seeing, but thank you for the reply. Apparently I have rather a lot of reading to do if I'm to convert my orange icons to blue. I don't think I'll bother.
Just above the bit that says 'Who is Online', Phoenix, there is a link that says 'delete board cookies'. I think this will set things for you so that nothing shows orange for you, until new stuff starts being posted and you don't read it right away.
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

comixminx wrote:Just above the bit that says 'Who is Online', Phoenix, there is a link that says 'delete board cookies'. I think this will set things for you so that nothing shows orange for you, until new stuff starts being posted and you don't read it right away.
That procedure worked perfectly, comixminx. Thank you for alerting me to it.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Phoenix wrote:
comixminx wrote:Just above the bit that says 'Who is Online', Phoenix, there is a link that says 'delete board cookies'. I think this will set things for you so that nothing shows orange for you, until new stuff starts being posted and you don't read it right away.
That procedure worked perfectly, comixminx. Thank you for alerting me to it.
Good, glad it helped!
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.