The reinvention of Captain Britain

Discuss particular comic titles here.
There are separate subfora to discuss particular titles and groups of titles - use this forum for any missing title, or discussions which don't fit below!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Adam Eterno

The reinvention of Captain Britain

Post by Adam Eterno »

Interesting article on the BBC this morning:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-36257379

comixminx

Re: The reinvention of Captain Britain

Post by comixminx »

I like the fact that creator Chris Claremont suggests that Idris Elba could be a good option for the role! He's a great actor to be sure, and yes, why not, expand the possibilities of the role.
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

As the Captain's earliest adventures were all scripted and drawn in America I don't think it's entirely accurate to see them as "a product...of punk rock, wide lapels and the Three Day Week" - though those of us who remember reading them at the time will almost certainly associate them with the dreary state of Britain in the !970s. If I was writing a New Captain Britain I think I'd be inclined to tie him in with the wartime superhero Union Jack in some way - not least because I've always liked his costume.

starscape

Post by starscape »

He's worn a couple of non-mask costumes which might be a better fit for TV. Some suggestions he'll be basically a Marvel Dr. Who. Hopefully, they'll keep it simple and not have it uber-complex as some of the comics became.
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies