Help identifying this story, possibly from Sally?

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

comixminx

Help identifying this story, possibly from Sally?

Post by comixminx »

I've been asked on Twitter whether I can help to identify the following story: "help what was the name of a strip set in sinister holiday camp training enemy agents appeared in either Jinty or Sally". It's not Jinty, so if the original questioner is right, it is presumably in Sally?
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Tammyfan

Re: Help identifying this story, possibly from Sally?

Post by Tammyfan »

Might be The Camp on Candy Island from Tammy. It's the only IPC serial I know that uses a holiday camp setting for a sinister purpose. But we still have to check Sally to rule her in or out.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Thanks. I'll pass on that suggestion now in any case, maybe the asker will recognize the name and save further checks in Sally.
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

The asker on Twitter thinks it is your suggested title, Tammyfan. Thanks for such a quick answer!

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Glad to be of service. Candy Island appeared 28/10/72-19/5/1973. It was written by Gerry Finley-Day and drawn by Douglas Perry.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Here is the instalment of The Camp On Candy Island from 17 March 1973. It's the only one I've got.
Attachments
CandyIsland1.jpg
CandyIsland2.jpg
CandyIsland3.jpg

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

I think I have the full run.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Very exciting! Thanks for the scan, Phoenix - the story is hotting up nicely in that one!