Endings for Jinty serials

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

comixminx

Re: Endings for Jinty serials

Post by comixminx »

Tammyfan wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Retro1972 wrote:I have digital copies of Misty and Spellbound
Would these be officially authorised copies, Retro, or am I being naive? :?
They're probably scans Retro made himself (or herself?).
(Pirated) Copies bought from ebay quite likely - otherwise Retro would have the comics themselves surely?
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Retro1972 wrote:Agreed. Aside from the sci-fi stories are there many quality mystery stories??? I figure Rebellion arent going to go in for the romance and Grange Hill school type stories!!!
Jinty has some mystery stories but they are more likely to be Sinister Schemes stories than mysteries really - examples via the link https://jintycomic.wordpress.com/tag/sinister-scheme/
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

comixminx wrote:(Pirated) Copies bought from ebay quite likely - otherwise Retro would have the comics themselves surely?
My view exactly, comixminx. A more likely source though would be Ephemera Fairs. There are several of those each year in London where I have seen many a pirated item on sale.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Does anyone by any chance have a spare copy of Jinty 3 December 1977? I had one, but I seem to have lost it. Many thanks for any help.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Does anyone by any chance have a spare copy of Jinty 3 December 1977?
30th Century Comics have three copies, Briony. One is FINE at £4, a second is GOOD at £2.25, and a third is FAIR at £1.50. Take your pick.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:Does anyone by any chance have a spare copy of Jinty 3 December 1977?
30th Century Comics have three copies, Briony. One is FINE at £4, a second is GOOD at £2.25, and a third is FAIR at £1.50. Take your pick.
Thank you, but I think I have to curb ordering from there now except where absolutely necessary. Their minimum orders to my country are now £10, plus international postage.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Tammyfan wrote:Their minimum orders to my country are now £10, plus international postage.
Why on earth would they insist on a minimum order charge just because you live abroad? When all's said and done you are paying for the comics and their actual p&p costs whatever they may come to. A parcel is no more than a parcel whether it is sent to Liverpool, Madrid, Sydney or Auckland, and they will all be posted at their nearest Post Office.

Tammyfan

Post by Tammyfan »

Phoenix wrote:
Tammyfan wrote:Their minimum orders to my country are now £10, plus international postage.
Why on earth would they insist on a minimum order charge just because you live abroad? When all's said and done you are paying for the comics and their actual p&p costs whatever they may come to. A parcel is no more than a parcel whether it is sent to Liverpool, Madrid, Sydney or Auckland, and they will all be posted at their nearest Post Office.
Well, that's what they do now. I have to have an order that's £10 minimum excluding postage.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Tammyfan wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Well, that's what they do now. I have to have an order that's £10 minimum excluding postage.
Yep. From their website:
"The minimum order value is £10 (not including postage and packing charges). This is because we have found that on smaller orders, the cost of postage, packaging materials and banking charges more often than not outweighs the value of the comic(s)."

I think it's the same for UK orders now too.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

It is, Lew.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I think Amazon UK have introduced the same policy now as well - one reason why I tend to order items under £10 from Speedy Hen instead.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

philcom55 wrote:I tend to order items under £10 from Speedy Hen instead.
Do the parcels ever arrive, Phil? There must be a tendency for them to run round in circles.