storage

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

abacus

storage

Post by abacus »

I don't have too much of a problem when it comes to storing my collection as pic. Shows
The wall fitting holds lots and once the door is closed they are out of sight and don't encroach on the rest of the house thus keeping the wife happy.The downside is when I need to check on anything I have to guess where it is situated.Annuals from my own childhood era in the collection include Film Fun x7,Radio Fun x2, TV Fun x3,50's Knockout x2, Tip Top x3 and many more.The fun is in collecting because value wise they are not worth a lot that's unless I dream up a fantasy price for Ebay :)

philcom55

Re: storage

Post by philcom55 »

...But what happens when that wall fitting is full Abacus? :)

abacus

Post by abacus »

philcom55 wrote:...But what happens when that wall fitting is full Abacus? :)
Well at this stage I try to be more selective in what I buy, trying to concentrate on older material but I must admit I have had to move non-comic related books into other hiding places :)
Last edited by abacus on 28 Oct 2017, 07:34, edited 7 times in total.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

abacus wrote:I must admit I have had to move non-comic related books into other hiding places.
The unit in the photograph doesn't look much like a hiding place to me, abacus. On the other hand it's good to put a face to a username.

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

anyone else able to post picture of their collection / storage solutions (problems?)
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

I said ages ago we should do a thread to show off collections but i cant even get a profile pic on here despite trying numerous times over the years.

abacus

Post by abacus »

big bad bri wrote:I said ages ago we should do a thread to show off collections but i cant even get a profile pic on here despite trying numerous times over the years.
hope this will help.
Then click profile situated below one of your previous posts.
Click PM
Then click profile.
Then click edit avatar
Then click choose file.
You then need to select a pic no more than 80x80 pixels
To get a pic so small you may need to reduce the size of a pic you already have using a pic size changing app.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

abacus wrote:
big bad bri wrote:I said ages ago we should do a thread to show off collections but i cant even get a profile pic on here despite trying numerous times over the years.
hope this will help.
Then click profile situated below one of your previous posts.
Click PM
Then click profile.
Then click edit avatar
Then click choose file.
You then need to select a pic no more than 80x80 pixels
To get a pic so small you may need to reduce the size of a pic you already have using a pic size changing app.
thanks abacus i think i done all that but will try again how you suggest.