Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Not just any old East London pie and mash shop 
Guru

stevezodiac wrote:
Made by Kershaws of Southport although the pies are made by J C Rook & Sons of Kent.
London in thrall to the regions. Who'd have thought it?

07 Dec 2017, 14:55

From local paper. Locals refer to Southwark Park Road as "The Blue" due to the Blue Anchor pub being there.

The Moby Dick pub is across the road from me and the other side of Greenland Dock but I've never been in the establishment.

30 Jun 2018, 17:14

Walking back down Deptford High Street yesterday I was saddened to see a sign in Goddards pie and mash shop saying it will be closing down in October. It's been there since 1890 and I've been a customer since the 1960s. Fortunately there is a Manzes almost directly opposite so we won't go without our traditional fare.

16 Sep 2018, 21:58

On Thursday I went to Orpington to meet a childhood friend. I've known him for sixty years as he was born a few doors from me. We were born at home in those days. I still remember him knocking on my door in 1965 and showing me TV Century 21 and starting my comic collecting career. We spent the sixties scouring the streets looking for comics. He stopped collecting in the seventies but I met his wife and kids on Thursday and am pleased to say they are comic fans and especially silver age. Great to hear a youngster talking about Ditko and Kirby. He and I walked around Orpington and we had pie and mash in the high street of which he said he is an expert. We also went to Kent comics where he bought some silver age Marvels for his son. It gets better because he also takes his kids to Millwall! A really enjoyable day.

22 Sep 2018, 09:29
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3