Victor/Warlord/Hotspur Picture Library

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Spencer

Victor/Warlord/Hotspur Picture Library

Post by Spencer »

I wonder if one of these would work as a companion to Commando?

Either reprinting classic strips or reviving them... I know there would be a lot of work reformatting the old strips for the Commando size so maybe that would be prohibitive.

What about a Red Dagger picture library (picking best from all the classic adventure comics) I would buy every issue, that’s for sure!!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Victor/Warlord/Hotspur Picture Library

Post by colcool007 »

I don't know how the sales would go, but it might be worth pitching to the new Heritage Brands editor as I know he has a lot of ideas on using old characters and old stories.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Thanks, Col. That's a great idea, would you happen to have email address at all? No harm in trying, is there ?!

karl

Post by karl »

As an experiment i reformatted a rory mcduff story from lion comic into a picture library. It works perfectly and is not that difficult. Could be a winner

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I did mention this a few years back that, Instead of issuing reprint commandos, why not adapt some of the stories from comics. I also suggested adding one colour to commando stories.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Here's my original post from ten years ago.

We are all aware that Commando has reduced its new stories to four per month along with four reprints but why can't DC Thomson use its imagination and maybe adapt some of the great boys paper strips for reprinting in Commando. When I saw the latest issue, The Buccaneers, it made me remember Cameron RN, a Nelson's navy strip which I really enjoyed, and I wondered if they could re-edit it into Commando form somehow? Wouldn't it be great to see, instead of old Commandos reprinted, reprints of Tough of the Track etc? What a great job for someone moving all those panels around to fit the Commando format. Anyone agree?

starscape

Post by starscape »

I mentioned that to one of the editors at the time when I was looking to publish a Billy the Cat collection. DCT weren't interested then but maybe this has changed?
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

SID

Post by SID »

Spencer wrote:I wonder if one of these would work as a companion to Commando?

Either reprinting classic strips or reviving them... I know there would be a lot of work reformatting the old strips for the Commando size so maybe that would be prohibitive.

What about a Red Dagger picture library (picking best from all the classic adventure comics) I would buy every issue, that’s for sure!!
Great idea and I would be placing an order too. :cheers:
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).