Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Valiant in 1964 

Just reading through an almost full year of 1964 Valiants. I was too young to appreciate them at the time (I was born half way through the year) but what a great read. There's Kelly's Eye, The Steel Claw and Kraken & the Giant Menace (and other adventures); there's also the introduction of Mytek the Mighty (evidently it only takes two weeks to design & build a giant robot ape in the middle of the jungle - brilliant!).

And I still haven't got to Captain Hurricane, Billy Bunter or The Wild Wonders to name a few yet.

Great comic! :up:

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

08 Oct 2018, 19:12
Profile YIM

SID wrote:
Just reading through an almost full year of 1964 Valiants. I was too young to appreciate them at the time (I was born half way through the year) but what a great read. There's Kelly's Eye, The Steel Claw and Kraken & the Giant Menace (and other adventures); there's also the introduction of Mytek the Mighty (evidently it only takes two weeks to design & build a giant robot ape in the middle of the jungle - brilliant!).

And I still haven't got to Captain Hurricane, Billy Bunter or The Wild Wonders to name a few yet.

Great comic! :up:

I was born in the same year and lived abroad for a while but when I returned in 1974, Valiant was my first British comic that I loved. I've since bought the whole set and have the digital version which I sometimes sit back and read a few months worth.....love it!

09 Oct 2018, 13:35

Don't forget The Crows! Excellent Reg Parlett.

09 Oct 2018, 17:20

Can't say I'm a fan of the Crows but Valiant really moved comics along. It did for the 60s what 2000AD did for the 70s.

comics, cartoons, music & movies

09 Oct 2018, 17:31
Profile WWW

Unusually, when it absorbed TV 21 it had full colour centre pages for the star trek strip.

10 Oct 2018, 08:36
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]