Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Buffalo Brave - any scans 
Author Message

Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 16:41
Posts: 495
Location: UK
Reply with quote
I have been contacted again by José Ruiz del Amor in Spain, who is in contact with artist Joan Boix. Boix' first art published abroad (ie out of Spain) was for the British market: "Buffalo Brave" in Wizard. del Amor and Boix are after high-quality scans of the story in question - apparently Boix has already been given some lower-resolution scans which he wasn't happy with (I think the intention is to to do a self-published reprint - not sure what DCT would think of it, I am not getting into the copyright questions myself though!). Can any one on this forum help by supplying high-resolution scans of the material at all? Boix is happy to pay for the work done.

"The material we are looking for are the numbers from the Wizard collection (DC Thomson) No. 136-147.
The material to be scanned would be only the pages of Buffalo Brave, the 3 of each delivery and the covers that refer to Buffalo Brave, 38 pages in total."

If you are able to help out on this, please let me know and I will put you in contact with del Amor directly (he writes good English so no need to worry on that basis either).

Thanks in advance!

_________________
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.


25 Jun 2019, 09:07
Profile WWW
Guru

Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15
Posts: 5284
Reply with quote
comixminx wrote:
I have been contacted again by José Ruiz del Amor in Spain, who is in contact with artist Joan Boix. Boix' first art published abroad (ie out of Spain) was for the British market: "Buffalo Brave" in Wizard. del Amor and Boix are after high-quality scans of the story in question - apparently Boix has already been given some lower-resolution scans which he wasn't happy with (I think the intention is to to do a self-published reprint - not sure what DCT would think of it, I am not getting into the copyright questions myself though!). Can any one on this forum help by supplying high-resolution scans of the material at all? Boix is happy to pay for the work done.
"The material we are looking for are the numbers from the Wizard collection (DC Thomson) No. 136-147.
The material to be scanned would be only the pages of Buffalo Brave, the 3 of each delivery and the covers that refer to Buffalo Brave, 38 pages in total."
If you are able to help out on this, please let me know and I will put you in contact with del Amor directly (he writes good English so no need to worry on that basis either). Thanks in advance!
Sorry about the apparent delay in replying, Jenni. I've been out most of the day. Russ rang me at about 10 o'clock to ask me if I could go up to St. Ives Secondary School to collect Lois and bring her home, as she was not at all well, and would I please pick her up from Reception. For the second time in four school days I've had to sign a form to be allowed to take her out of school. At least the receptionist recognised me, and the form was already filled in. I drove her home and stayed with her all day as I did last week. I had to pick Alex up at 3.15 from St. Erth Primary, and although Lois said she would go with me, when the chips were down she didn't feel up to it. I told her that I would prefer her to go to her bedroom until we got back, and I would lock both main doors. She did. Rach came home early in the afternoon and took her to the doctors. Tomorrow will be interesting because it's Sports Day at St. Erth, and Alex normally wins a shedload of races, but Lois, who is just as competitive as he is, wants to go and watch him. I won't take sides so I'm leaving it up to Russ and Rach. I'll go to Alex's Sports Day, which starts at 10 o'clock in the morning, according to my ex-wife, Lynne, who has spent the last ten days in London with Andrew, our elder son, and has just rung to ask me if I am going to Alex's Sports Day. When I said that it would depend on how Lois feels tomorrow, and whether she goes to school or not, she said, "She can look after herself!" In any case, I think she would be in some bother because it isn't even two years since she left St. Erth herself, and information about her presence there would surely filter back to St Ives School, and it would not surprise me if her Head reads the riot act and stops her from going to Brittany. My feeling is that either she should go to school, or miss Alex's Sports Day if she doesn't.


25 Jun 2019, 21:03
Profile
Guru

Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15
Posts: 5284
Reply with quote
comixminx wrote:
"The material we are looking for are the numbers from the Wizard collection (DC Thomson) No. 136-147.
The material to be scanned would be only the pages of Buffalo Brave, the 3 of each delivery and the covers that refer to Buffalo Brave, 38 pages in total."
I do have the full run of Buffalo Brave, Jenni, and the three coloured covers of The WIZARD that feature that title, which presumably turns 38 pages into 39. Given the amount of responsibility I have at the moment, I will need to do the scans steadily over the next ten days or so. I can't promise more speed at the moment.


25 Jun 2019, 21:13
Profile
Mr Valeera
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 18:06
Posts: 3738
Location: Lost in time, lost in space
Reply with quote
Phoenix wrote:
comixminx wrote:
"The material we are looking for are the numbers from the Wizard collection (DC Thomson) No. 136-147.
The material to be scanned would be only the pages of Buffalo Brave, the 3 of each delivery and the covers that refer to Buffalo Brave, 38 pages in total."
I do have the full run of Buffalo Brave, Jenni, and the three coloured covers of The WIZARD that feature that title, which presumably turns 38 pages into 39. Given the amount of responsibility I have at the moment, I will need to do the scans steadily over the next ten days or so. I can't promise more speed at the moment.

Hi folks, thank to the joys of social media, we are already on it. Joan already has high quality scans, but he's being a grump! So we are going to go for the Archives for the original work.

_________________
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!


25 Jun 2019, 22:09
Profile WWW

Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 16:41
Posts: 495
Location: UK
Reply with quote
Yes, as Col says, it’s already in hand, so no need to worry, Derek - many thanks for the reply in any case.

_________________
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.


26 Jun 2019, 09:10
Profile WWW
Guru

Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15
Posts: 5284
Reply with quote
Phoenix wrote:
Russ rang me at about 10 o'clock to ask me if I could go up to St. Ives Secondary School to collect Lois and bring her home, as she was not at all well, and would I please pick her up from Reception. For the second time in four school days I've had to sign a form to be allowed to take her out of school.
Update. Russ rang me this morning to ask me to take Lois to school. When I got to his house, it would have been obvious to a blind man that she was in no fit state to go in. So, as Russ has two sets of viewers coming to see his house today, he asked me to take Lois to my house for the day. She is currently sitting on my settee watching something or other on her mobile. She even knew how to share my password to link the two phones. I didn't/don't. Obviously she will have to miss Alex's Sports Day, which will be starting in five minutes. Weather overcast but no immediate sign of rain. Second Update.We are going to walk down town to get The Guardian, not that she has any interest in it, but she could do with some exercise. When we get back I'll drive her to McDonalds for lunch. We can go back to hers at 12.30.


26 Jun 2019, 11:04
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.