Telekinetic aliens, where are you?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Robert-A

Telekinetic aliens, where are you?

Post by Robert-A »

Help, please! Back in the mid-1960s I read the first instalment of a story in which a spaceship arriving on an alien planet is immobilised by the inhabitants, who have telekinetic powers. When the ship reaches the aliens' city, the captain discovers that they are using their combined mental power to direct the planet's movement through space ... I have long forgotten both the title of the strip and the name of the comic, but would love to rediscover both. I'm pretty sure it was not Dan Dare, and looking through representative copies of "Lion" and "Tiger" online I could not spot the story as being either Jet-Ace Logan or Captain Condor, at least not in the 1960s, so I am a bit stuck. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

stevezodiac

Re: Telekinetic aliens, where are you?

Post by stevezodiac »

I've asked my mate, Steve, if he can identify it.

Robert-A

Post by Robert-A »

Thank you very much, SteveZodiac, I really appreciate your offer of help. I will be eternally grateful (+ other clichés in the same vein) if someone can finally pinpoint the comic & story after 50-odd years of looking!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I'm afraid he was unable to help.

Robert-A

Post by Robert-A »

Thank you anyway, Steve, it was good of you to check. Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to keep hoping someone out there recognizes the story ...

Robert-A

Post by Robert-A »

Well, by a stroke of good luck I have finally tracked it down! The aliens appeared towards the end of the story entitled "Captain Condor and the Planet of Destruction" in the "Lion" -- specifically, in Issue 438, dated 27 August 1960 (the story finishes in Issue 441, 17 September 1960). I was led astray by the fact that I could not view the key issues online. Still, at least it's solved at last!