HOOK JAW BOOK

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Ian

HOOK JAW BOOK

Post by Ian »

Can any forum members tell me where I can get the Hook Jaw book reprinting the strips from Action comic?

I tried Forbidden Planet but they had never heard of it.

Amazon have it listed but there is a sourcing fee.I have had experience from the past of Amazon listing "hard to get books" for sale but after a few months wait advising you that they cant get the hold of it any longer.

Help would be appreciated.

chrissmillie

HOOK JAW BOOK

Post by chrissmillie »

Well I can as I'm printing it.

I've let Amazon know some while back that it's due out on April 27th from Diamond (but they don't seem to believe me!). Forbidden Planet should know about it, seeing as I did an interview for them and the book was featured in their advance buying newsletter, along with the date.

There's a feature in tomorrow's Glasgow Herald (Saturday).

I'm off on holiday, so won't necessarily be around a computer for the next couple of weeks.

Chris
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics

wilsia

HOOK JAW BOOK

Post by wilsia »

THANKS CHRIS FOR THE UPDATE.IM LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS BOOK.

I WILL LET MY LOCAL FORBIDDEN PLANET KNOW THE SCORE>

PS IF THIS IS A SUCESS IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF YOU DOING JANUS STARK>

moose

HOOK JAW BOOK

Post by moose »

so chris, i've seen the new cover ramon sola did for the book which you were offered, and it looks great. how come you didn't use it?

chrissmillie

HOOK JAW BOOK

Post by chrissmillie »

It was submitted a year after the deadline (and only in sketch form then)!

Good news is I expect the book to be delivered next week. Had to change printers once again as the previous ones (who were already quite expensive) upped the print costs by 50% - outrageous! Printers have delayed the book by about 6 months now. I'll name and shame them after the books in the shops.

Chris
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics

moose

HOOK JAW BOOK

Post by moose »

a shame, a new cover would've been cool. never mind, still looking forward to seeing it back in print.