Any new Ebay buys recently?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

I won a load of Lion and Thunder's the other day, should be with me very soon, I'm very pleased about this. :D

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Where is everyone.
Probably getting a life :lol:

bustercomic

Post by bustercomic »

I'm pointing people in the direction of Ebay for my birthday presents this year

What a great way to stop getting those bloody shirts and start getting something I want!
http://www.bustercomic.co.uk - The World's Most Comprehensive Buster Website

You Voted For The Top 100 Strips......The Results Are Now In at Bustercomic.co.uk

Stingray

Post by Stingray »

Not actually a comic, but, have just received the page of Jim Watson's artwork from the TV Century 21 strip I picked up last week - Zero X. Zero X's twin ship takes to the sky!

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Re: Any new Ebay buys recently?

Post by steelclaw »

Stingray wrote:Not actually a comic, but, have just received the page of Jim Watson's artwork from the TV Century 21 strip I picked up last week - Zero X. Zero X's twin ship takes to the sky!
That must have been expensive. :shock:

Stingray

Post by Stingray »

The page was 150. Not TOOOOOO bad considering where it's from and its age, though obviously it isn't a Bellamy. Still quite nice though and great I was yet to own any Jim Watson/Zero X pages. If I see nice Don Lawrence, Gerry Anderson related strips, Brian Bolland, Cam Kennedy, Ken Reid or Mike Lacey page anywhere it usually makes me shiver, as I'm tempted to buy. Usually try to resist to save money.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Stingray take a picture and post it. So we can have a look :lol:

Stingray

Post by Stingray »

Hi Steelclaw,
As far as I'm aware you can't post pics unless you have access to a website or place to store your pics.... Sadly I'm a bit of a luddite in that area. I work in the animation industry and STILL have yet to get a website, which is a bit useless. I BELIEVE Imageshack is a possible method to store pics. Has anyone used this? Haven't actually looked into it yet but is it easy to actually upload and then link to the picture?
Andy

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I got lucky and got 97 issues of Misty for only ?166 on Ebay. I am so glad that my Mrs is a comics fan otherwise I would have a hard time explaining why I had spent so much on comics. It does help that Misty is the one comic that she loves above all others.

Plus, I will get to read them after she has had her initial contact with them...

Colin
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Stingray try this site it's what I use, you only need a hotmail account to use it.

http://www.picturetrail.com/

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Re: Any new Ebay buys recently?

Post by steelclaw »

colcool007 wrote:I got lucky and got 97 issues of Misty for only ?166 on Ebay. I am so glad that my Mrs is a comics fan otherwise I would have a hard time explaining why I had spent so much on comics. It does help that Misty is the one comic that she loves above all others.

Plus, I will get to read them after she has had her initial contact with them...

Colin
When you think what you pay for a new comic these days, that's a bargain at around ?1.70 a comic and it's vintage.