What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by stevezodiac »

It's the London comic mart this Sunday. Is anyone here going?

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:It's the London comic mart this Sunday. Is anyone here going?
6 Nations starts, Italy v England.........comics have to take a back seat at this time of year......well, at least on the weekends!

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

This week, 2 x Doctor Who collections from Titan - Ghost Stories (12th. Doctor and Doctor Mysterio) and The Lost Dimension, Book 1. Also One Punch Man #12

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Three things I would never watch, Rugby, cricket and formula 1. Watching horse racing now on itv 4.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:Three things I would never watch, Rugby, cricket and formula 1. Watching horse racing now on itv 4.
Horse racing and Formula 1 are the two I can't watch. Boxing was a passion for years and I travelled Europe watching fights especially as I had friends fighting but over the years my interest has wained as the money and hype has gone too far. I'm starting to feel that way about top flight football recently!

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

stevezodiac wrote:Three things I would never watch, Rugby, cricket and formula 1. Watching horse racing now on itv 4.
i wouldn't watch any of those 4 lol

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I agree with all of the above, but would like to add golf as a 'who the hell would want to watch that?'

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Well, I was at Capital Sci-Fi Con and bought one book which was Harriet Tubman for Beginners. Very little was lighting me up with any desire to spend money but it was nice to see some stunning cosplay costumes.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

colcool007 wrote:Well, I was at Capital Sci-Fi Con and bought one book which was Harriet Tubman for Beginners. Very little was lighting me up with any desire to spend money but it was nice to see some stunning cosplay costumes.
I wasn't go to spend any more money but as I passed John Wagner's table yesterday, I was tempted by the latest Rebellion collection of Volume 1 of M.A.C.H. One and as John gave me a nice discount, I could hardly leave it lying there could I?

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Lion Holiday Special 1969
Smash Holiday Special 1970
25 more Wham issues
Star Western #1 by Atlas - 1953
Frogman #1 - T&P 1952
Attachments
Frogman.jpg
Star.jpg

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Yesterday it was 28 picture libraries, 5 Sunny Stories and The Cream of Tankgirl.

Today it's been 6 Hotspur annuals, 1 War Picture Library Annual, 4 Football PSMs, one Air Ace Holiday Special, Topper 1967 Annual and The Wild West Book.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

With those British reprint comics I enjoy looking them up on Grand Comics Database and making a list of the stories and their original publication details onto a page from an exercise book which I then place in the bag with the comic. Unfortunately GCD has no details for the five Frogman issues. I think I sold the couple I had.

Just checked and I sold Frogman 5 in December 2015.

I have some British Black Magic issues including the Black Magic Album no. 1.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Popped into the Junk Shop at Greenwich and picked up three TV Mirrors from the late fifties, a Screen Stories magazine from 1968 and a Who's Who in Movies magazine from 1966. Comic wise I got a TV Picture Stories comic library no. 29 O.S.S. OFFICE OF STRATEGIC SERVICES, OPERATION LOVEBIRDS. And a Swedish magazine called Min Melodi from 1955 with some nice comic strips inside. They look like American reprints. £12 the lot.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

issue 1 of Jag with free gift.i will not bother trying to collect this as it doesn't look very interesting :lol:

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

issue 1 of Jag with free gift.i will not bother trying to collect this as it doesn't look very interesting :lol: