Vote for your next DC Thomson reprint book...for fun..

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Peter Gray

Vote for your next DC Thomson reprint book...for fun..

Post by Peter Gray »

Cover stars Korky, Biffo, The Moonsters, Barney, Mickey.. etc

Comic serials Brassneck, Send for Kelly, Winker Watson, Jonah..

ComicAdventure Iron Eater,Flood of London,Red Wrecker,Purple cloud

Adventure Black Bob, Heores of Paradise road, Sinbad the sailor,

Victor, Bullet, Buddy, Hotspur etc..

Other please add as a post
Last edited by Peter Gray on 25 Sep 2011, 19:39, edited 9 times in total.

Digifiend

Re: Vote for your next DC Thomson reprint book...for fun..

Post by Digifiend »

Anything but Dennis (which has just been done, this year's classic Beano/Dandy annual is dedicated to him) and Black Bob (same reason, he had a book last year). Although truthfully, I'd buy any of the options listed.

By the way, poll is broken:
The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

This is a great idea Peter, and I am happy to join in, but sadly the submitted votes don't register for me I'm afraid.

Do try again, though!

starscape

Post by starscape »

Bullet, Warlord, Hotspur, Wizard etc etc... rather than humour and gentle drama for me. I think there's a lot of potential for Warlord in general and certain strips like Kampfgruppe Falken in particular.

Starblazer is another that could probably do well (especially Grant Morrison's) but the TPB that would probably sell most of all...

Collected Billy the Cat & Katie.

(although I'd still prefer Warlord & Bullet)
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

The Umbrella Men, The Jelly Men and the Iron Eaters - I never bothered with the serials as a kid because I only got the comics once in a while. Would love to read them in one sitting. Also the Paradise Street strip from the Beezer set during the Blitz as I mentioned before we lived in Paradise Street, Rotherhithe in the 50s and it was in London Docklands.

Jay

Post by Jay »

starscape wrote:Starblazer is another that could probably do well (especially Grant Morrison's) but the TPB that would probably sell most of all...
Oh god, I would love some collected editions of Starblazer. If I rubbed my box of comics and magic comic genie popped out I would have to wish that Starblazer continued publishing to this day.

Now there's a sentence you'll not find anywhere else in the universe.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

Yep Starblazer would be good I miss that book - I would also like to see stuff like Spunky and his Spider, Brassneck, Whizzers from Ozz and the aforementioned Umbrella men Iron eater type strips collected

swirlythingy

Post by swirlythingy »

This is just a guess, but possibly the reason the poll didn't work is that you're not allowed to have more than 10 options per poll. I'd expect it to warn you about that before allowing you to post, though.
Help! Help! We're being held prisoner in a signature factory!

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

A monthly series of books in the style of the recent mini Commando compliations but with other items from the DCT pocket library back catalogue (Starblazer, Dixon Hawke Library etc). Maybe also with re-formatted text stories from the likes of Adventure or Rover reprinted as serials again.

An annual-sized complete reprint of the stories in Red Dagger all those years ago. But at the size they were in the original comics, with the illustrations and relevant covers (in colour!) included. Plus the extra space (each story instalment often spilled over onto part of another page) filled by reprints of complete one-episode stories from the same period.

An annual with a complete colour reprint of one of the colour picture-stories (they were midway between a comic strip and text story) that appeared on the cover of Adventure in the 40's and 50's. Plus the other half of the annual being a complete 'black white and red' story from the inside of Adventure from the same period. They could even be a softback 'summer annual' advertised as "two great complete stories from yesteryear! perfect holiday reading!" or something.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Still can't get this poll to work. i give up..
Al please help!!

anyway its nice getting different suggestions in your posts..

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

I'd like to see digest-sized reprints of serials from the adventure comics - like Red Dagger, but reformatted for the smaller size.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Oh choices, choices. I'd love to see a collected Kampgruffe Falken as one big basket of a book complete with covers from the comic. Bearpaw Jay is another that stands up well. As does Big Willi. (Pun definitely not intended!) :lol: Basically any of the adventure stuff printed as single collections in hardback. Would save a lot of wear and tear on my comics that's for sure!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Jon

Post by Jon »

I am a massive fan of Send For Kelly but having the odd Topper here and there means the stories don't make sense! Would love to see a collection of serialised Send For Kelly, and other serialised "funnies" like you suggested!

Raven

Post by Raven »

A collected Puss 'n' Boots would be hard to resist.

A collection of facsimilie issues of different titles from various past decades (pre-70s, ideally - hard to get stuff) would be a nice item.

presterjohn

Post by presterjohn »

I'm undecided what I would most look forward to. Part of me would love to see Warlord as a 144 page hard cover reprint as that was the comic from my childhood that I have no issues or annuals of today. Having said that I think I would plump for a Valiant or Lion reprint.