Titan Comics are coming

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Lew Stringer

Titan Comics are coming

Post by Lew Stringer »

Interview on CBR with UK publisher Nick Landau regarding this summer's launch of several new comics. (Hopefully they'll be available in newsagents but even if not they'll definitely be in comic shops):

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=43753

PaulTwist

Re: Titan Comics are coming

Post by PaulTwist »

Interesting stuff - especially if they end up on the shelves of UK newsagents. A CLiNT-style anthology title would be amazing, if highly unlikely.

Sort of on-topic - did Titan's much-publicised Family Guy comic ever see print? I've search online but can only find press releases announcing its launch so I assume it was canned before the first issue went on sale.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

i think there was about 3-4 american issues of family guy as i have 2 of them & i assume the british one was to reprint those,maybe there wasnt enough american produced issues made to justify an english reprint along the same lines as the simpsons reprints,i have seen a 2013 annual though.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

That annual wasn't mostly comic strip like the Simpsons ones though.

SID

Post by SID »

Any readers of CLiNT will find in the latest issue an article similar to what Lew has posted.

Incidentally, any regular reader of Judge Dredd Megazine will recognise Number Cruncher. Not only the characters but the story as well.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).