Uncensored Action! (The Best of Action)

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

judomole

Uncensored Action! (The Best of Action)

Post by judomole »

Latest: My pre-order from speedy Hen has been cancelled and I was informed that this book will now not be published ever. :cry:
A very strange decision considering the amount of people who would have wanted this book

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Uncensored Action! (The Best of Action)

Post by Phoenix »

At least the weeklies are still freely available, judomole, if you haven't got them already. 30th Century Comics in Putney seem to have most of them at reasonable prices. A year or so back I managed to pick up a complete pre-ban set in two separate batches, and they didn't seem anything like as easy to get hold of then as they do now.

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

I myself was looking forward to this book anybody know why it's been canned?

judomole

Post by judomole »

Phoenix wrote:At least the weeklies are still freely available, judomole, if you haven't got them already. 30th Century Comics in Putney seem to have most of them at reasonable prices. A year or so back I managed to pick up a complete pre-ban set in two separate batches, and they didn't seem anything like as easy to get hold of then as they do now.
thanks for the info. :cheers:
I just wish they would release them in a marvel type omnibus of 900 pages and If done to the same standard I would happily pay £75 for such a book.

p.s all websites seem to have withdrawn this item Amazon, Play.com ,Foyle's ,Speedy hen etc except for the Book Depository which is still taking pre-orders. Maybe they haven't had the word yet
Last edited by judomole on 18 Aug 2014, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

judomole

Post by judomole »

Update: the Book Depository have now also withdrawn the book so after numerous delays over the last 3 years it looks like we have had it as far as this book is concerned, a great shame. :cry:

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

judomole wrote:Update: the Book Depository have now also withdrawn the book so after numerous delays over the last 3 years it looks like we have had it as far as this book is concerned, a great shame. :cry:
I can only guess that there wasn't enough interest for it unfortunately. I don't think there are any UK reprint books on Titan's schedules at present are there?
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

SID

Post by SID »

A pity as I have definitely bought a copy. :(
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

wilsia

Post by wilsia »

If Titan dont think a Best of Action is not financially viable there is not much for the rest of the titles that the have right to publish.

Really was looking froward to this book, a shame.

judomole

Post by judomole »

WOW I never thought I see one of these so this auction on e-bay may be of interest to you :notworthy:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Action-comic- ... 3f4d166adc

wish i could get it
Last edited by judomole on 28 May 2015, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

judomole wrote:WOW I never thought I see one of these so this auction on e-bay may be of interest to you :notworthy:

wish i could get i
Oh. My. Goodness. Oh. My. Gosh. Does anyone need someone killing?
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

judomole

Post by judomole »

colcool007 wrote:
judomole wrote:WOW I never thought I see one of these so this auction on e-bay may be of interest to you :notworthy:

wish i could get it
Oh. My. Goodness. Oh. My. Gosh. Does anyone need someone killing?
I'm in for half the comic :lol:
Last edited by judomole on 28 May 2015, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

SID

Post by SID »

And there is eight days to go. Will be interesting how much it will go for.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Bethanys grandad

Post by Bethanys grandad »

About 15 years ago I could have bought some artwork for Action comic that even pre ban was too graphic for it , the artist was asked to redraw it again, it was not too expensive, but I wanted the Nightwing and Robin comic artwork he was selling. I think it was a company called Argggg or similar selling it.

Shiner

Post by Shiner »

If you like the art then do check out the first floor of the Cartoon Museum in London which currently has the Ezquerra art for the 1st issue cover and the Sola art for the first ever page of HookJaw. Meanwhile the 23rd October issue is up by £100 tonight.